Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
The RP Lounge, GFX Changes & New Moderators
Topic Started: Feb 25 2017, 12:26 AM (768 Views)
Sam
Member Avatar
"Bwonsamdi, he be waiting to greet you."

The first attempt at roleplaying on DBZF goes way back to 2005, when I created the topic 'Text Battles'. What began as little more than an auto-hitting one-liner open format quickly turned into the first semblance of a Dragonball RP on this forum.

However, over the many years, we've seen several attempts to create a roleplaying community fall through going all the way back to one of our first Administrators, .Artificial, creating an entire area for it... only for it to not be used at all whatsoever :lol:

We've repetitively shut down the idea because we just didn't have the community. Well, ladies and gentlemen: now we do.

Over the last few years in the old Battle Zone - which has now been renamed the Roleplay Lounge (we're in the process of organizing the graphics and the roleplaying out! :p ) - roleplaying has steadily grown in this community. Until Tinny messaged me this past summer, I had no idea we even had any roleplaying going on whatsoever. It turns out, it had been going on in the shell of a section that had become the Battle Zone: a confusing area that was once meant for graphics battles and other competitions, now morphed to fit the roleplaying community. I was immediately skeptical, despite the fact that roleplaying had been going on there in some form for at least a year or two already, if not longer.

However, Tinny asking me to create an announcement of the second DBZF Roleplaying Tournament made me decide to give this a go. How many times had I said no to this idea? Had we all said it just wouldn't work with this community? Without even giving it a try for myself, how could I say that? I saw our best shot in years and I took it.

What resulted was several new friends that I cherish and a shocking second place finish to the reigning champion Tinny in a tiebreaker tournament that lasted several months. We truly put our time, effort and all our love into the characters we developed - the people we faced along the way in the various matches - and got to know each other as more than just roleplayers and became truly good friends. I can safely say that deciding to join the roleplaying community on this site has been one of the best decisions I've made over the last dozen years on staff.

It's with great pride that I'm able to announce that Daemon Keido and Goddess Ultimecia have been selected to function as not only new staff and Moderators for a new and prospering section - but have also shown their loyalty, friendship and dedication to both these boards and a deep passion for what they love doing. They'll be responsible for controlling content, providing lore and producing a variety of ways for everyone to feel welcome in this new arena, giving direction every step of the way. All future roleplaying events, announcements and tournaments will henceforth be put in the new RP Lounge. :)

The graphics battles and tournaments will now be held in GFX Showdown, a subforum under 'Graphical Showcase'. It's my goal in 2017 to revitalize this community as well. So stay tuned. After all, you must become the change you wish to see. ;)

Thanks to all of you who have gotten involved. I never thought I'd see the day where an RP section would be the most active non-Dragonball area. But here it is. I'm drafting the announcement. Thank you to all the staff - Tim and Copy_Ninja especially - for being open to this experiment. And a special thanks to Meowth for putting this section together and giving us an opportunity to do it proper. Thank you for putting up with my spamming, incessant pestering and rambling. I've known you over half my life and I don't know how you've put up with me this long. :D

There's so many of you that helped make this become a reality. I can't possibly thank you all. I hope to see more of you involved in both the creative writing and roleplaying aspects of the RP Lounge in the days, months and years to come.

It's an understatement to say how proud of DBZF I am today.

Thank you - all of you, ^_^

Sam
Moderator Team Leader
Edited by Sam, Feb 25 2017, 12:44 AM.
Posted Image
Thanks to NinjaSushi for the art - and Darker for pestering me into changing it. Happy now? It's Logan! :p
Offline Profile Quote Top

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Congrats everyone! I know this is something a long time coming, great to see it implemented. Good luck to Jesse and Connor in their new positions!
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

I am pretty sure I said for years that I was happy knowing that no matter what happened that I would never be staff but likely an unofficial advisor.

Funny how life goes lol

Thank you all who helped make Roleplaying a viable section on DBZF. I would not have this shiny new colour without you. While I may be one of the two running ideas and games, if you have an idea you want floated, I am always available for a PM.
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Posted Image

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

Good job new recruits. Welcome to the family.

Accelerator
Member Avatar
最強の能力者

I would like to give a shoutout to the Index RPG EMIYA and I did for so long, shame to see it put to rest.

Welcome to the team boys.
Posted Image

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

Accelerator
Feb 25 2017, 05:51 AM
I would like to give a shoutout to the Index RPG EMIYA and I did for so long, shame to see it put to rest.

Welcome to the team boys.
That game made me realise that there was a thirst for RP here. That thing succeeded so well that it pretty much drove all the RP sessions that came after it. Thanks for setting the groundwork dude!

Posted Image

The Emperor Protects

* Mitas
Member Avatar
I'mma make it look sexy

Congrats to Daemon & Ultimecia, and to the RP community in general for being active enough to warrant a new section. Doesn't seem to be slowing down either, so here's hoping this one sticks.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

Sam
Member Avatar
"Bwonsamdi, he be waiting to greet you."

Yeah, EMIYA and Accelerator... it was hard to include everyone, but, trust me - I remembered you and your contributions in the past. :p Jesse linked me a lot of the old RPs and you guys really got it started here! You really planted the seed for something great and as always, you're welcome to RP with us.

And by welcome, I mean I'll sexually harass you if you don't. :errm:

On that note: to the new Mods, all sexual harassment complaints are forwarded to me. :D
Edited by Sam, Feb 25 2017, 01:48 PM.
Posted Image
Thanks to NinjaSushi for the art - and Darker for pestering me into changing it. Happy now? It's Logan! :p

Political Piper
Member Avatar

I have no idea what any of this means? I didn't even know there was a role playing section, lol. I guess I'll go take a gander

My Youtube Channel With More Political and Breaking News Videos

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Antideestablishmentarianism

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

Political Piper
Feb 26 2017, 10:06 PM
I have no idea what any of this means? I didn't even know there was a role playing section, lol. I guess I'll go take a gander
It technically predates your registration date but it was a backburner thing in what was once known as Battle Zone. Feel free to PM me for any questions you may have!

Posted Image

The Emperor Protects

Political Piper
Member Avatar

Daemon Keido
Feb 26 2017, 10:44 PM
It technically predates your registration date but it was a backburner thing in what was once known as Battle Zone. Feel free to PM me for any questions you may have!
I went on the thread and tried reading through some of the topics. It just made me more confused, lol. But any questions I will let you know :okay:
Edited by Political Piper, Feb 28 2017, 12:45 AM.

My Youtube Channel With More Political and Breaking News Videos

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Antideestablishmentarianism

Tim
Member Avatar
Forum Royalty

Just popping in to say my congratulations and that I was very proud to endorse these changes :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

+ Havoc_Wreaker
Member Avatar
Princess_Havoc

I called this months ago. I said that Daemon Keido and Goddess Ultimecia should be mods for that section. Also congrats.

edit here:
http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/10003450/1/
Edited by Havoc_Wreaker, Mar 4 2017, 12:06 AM.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »

//