Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Will "15 minutes of fame" always be a thing?
Topic Started: Feb 15 2017, 01:29 AM (212 Views)
Steve
Member Avatar
THE VOICES

As in when someone goes viral for saying or doing something stupid, suddenly they start making millions over people spreading memes about them(in the more modern form anyway), getting them to make "music" and whatnot.
It's kinda dumb how someone can just say something stupid and end up earning more money than most can dream of.

The "Cash me ousside, how bow dah" being a recent example. Total spoilt brat that severely needs some discipline and structure in her life...probably going to make millions for being a brat if she hasn't already.

Will this always be a thing do you think?

I fully get why it happens and why the subject of the 15 minutes of fame exploits the viral nature of whatever they did to make money, most people would probably do the same thing if they got the chance really.

But it's still pretty dumb how it works and it's a gift that keeps on giving to those with no shame.
It can turn out good if they're a good person of course.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

Political Piper
Member Avatar

Lol, like some of the Youtubers who became famous and rich for such dumb things. I'm not talking about Political Piper's channel though, that guy is fricken brilliant. You would love him, trust me.. ;)

But yes I think there always will be that type of concept... Sadly, it seems like attention spans are less these days so people only want to see something quick and entertaining that will make them laugh or interest them.. That is where these 15 minute of famers are nurtured

My Youtube Channel With More Political and Breaking News Videos

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Antideestablishmentarianism

* Mitas
Member Avatar
I'mma make it look sexy

Yeah, as long as the internet is around and thriving, 15 minutes of fame will be a thing. Although I don't think those people make as much money as you seem to think they do, at least the majority of them anyway.

Also, in regards to the money, sure it'd be great if we lived in a world where it was only doled out to those who 'deserved' it most, but you also don't really get to see who those people really are, just what they're famous for. Nor do you get to see what they spend the money on. By know means am I suggesting they're all saints and will give it all to charity, but a metaphorical '15 minutes' isn't enough to get to know someone enough to judge whether they're worthy of the money or not (which is something I don't really understand in the first place).
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

Steve
Member Avatar
THE VOICES

Mitas
Feb 15 2017, 09:46 AM
Yeah, as long as the internet is around and thriving, 15 minutes of fame will be a thing. Although I don't think those people make as much money as you seem to think they do, at least the majority of them anyway.

Also, in regards to the money, sure it'd be great if we lived in a world where it was only doled out to those who 'deserved' it most, but you also don't really get to see who those people really are, just what they're famous for. Nor do you get to see what they spend the money on. By know means am I suggesting they're all saints and will give it all to charity, but a metaphorical '15 minutes' isn't enough to get to know someone enough to judge whether they're worthy of the money or not (which is something I don't really understand in the first place).
They still get more money than most people can through years of hard work just for saying one line that gets people going.

That alone I don't see being worth making hundreds of thousands but then when you get them making millions off of crappy reality TV shows I can't see any reason why that money wouldn't be in better hands if given to people that really need it.

Imagine you fell over and made a goofy noise and someone just so happened to be filming it, it went viral and then suddenly people are trying to get you on magazines, comedy skits and whatnot. Would you not find it completely stupid? You just fell over by accident it wasn't comedy genius or anything. Or maybe it was...

There are so many good reasons to be famous that the dumb ones stand out to me most.
I don't like Jai Courtney, I think he's an awful actor and I've never enjoyed him in a movie but he deserves what fame he has for the effort he put in to becoming an actor, presumably he wasn't just caught on video saying something stupid and then handed roles in Hollywood movies.
Posted Image

* Mitas
Member Avatar
I'mma make it look sexy

Yeah, but that's the thing with money, it doesn't care whether anyone 'deserves' it or not. It's currency. If somebody earns a million pounds, regardless of whether it's by doing something stupid or something others don't deem worthwhile, they were paid a million pounds for it so that's what it's worth.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

Cal
Member Avatar
I may not deserve to live, but I will protect those in my reach with my reverse blade!

I think ti will continue 'to be a thing'. However, I think it would suck for that to be someone's goal or to reap of what benefits you get from it years later..

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »

//