Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Your favourite genre
Topic Started: Feb 11 2017, 11:22 AM (335 Views)
* Mitas
Member Avatar
I'mma make it look sexy

Is there a particular genre/s that you gravitate more towards when picking books to read?

Despite making an effort to expand my reading (and enjoying it when I've done so), fantasy will always stand head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to what I like to read, although historical fiction is a close second. That being said, the historical fiction I read is pretty much the same as the fantasy books I read, just based on real events and with less magic, so I clearly have a penchant for that particular type of story.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."
Online Profile Quote Top

Burial
Member Avatar
Just another donator

Horror with a bit of romance thrown in. Sci-fi would be second.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

SpeedoTrunks
No Avatar

I lean more towards science-fiction generally, but have read all sorts of things and will take any recommendation with an open mind.

Some of my favourite books have been SciFI, but also the likes of historical-fiction, comedy and many others. I just enjoy good writing.

+ Overly Facetious Goblin
Member Avatar
A Living Meme

For novels, I'm generally up for anything aside from romance, but I do tend to gravitate toward books that are critically acclaimed or considered "classics" because I have limited time on this earth, and I'd rather fill my head with the greats.

For comics, I prefer sci-fi, fantasy, and horror, but I'm open to anything that's received good reviews and critical attention. I've even read some romance and detective/crime stories, and those are two genres that I don't generally care for.
Coolest was the Coolest
Posted Image
bloggo

Agent Dark
Member Avatar

Hard to pick just one, but I'd probably go with suspense/thriller.
Posted Image

+ Buuberries
Member Avatar
No

Overly Facetious Goblin
Feb 15 2017, 02:40 PM
For novels, I'm generally up for anything aside from romance, but I do tend to gravitate toward books that are critically acclaimed or considered "classics" because I have limited time on this earth, and I'd rather fill my head with the greats.

For comics, I prefer sci-fi, fantasy, and horror, but I'm open to anything that's received good reviews and critical attention. I've even read some romance and detective/crime stories, and those are two genres that I don't generally care for.
Are classics/greats classified as such at the time they're published or does it happen long after?

Same for me tho: fantasy, historical fiction, sci-fi, erotica, and a mixture of those things.
¯\(°_o)/¯

SpeedoTrunks
No Avatar

Buuberries
Mar 7 2017, 09:54 PM
Overly Facetious Goblin
Feb 15 2017, 02:40 PM

Are classics/greats classified as such at the time they're published or does it happen long after?

Same for me tho: fantasy, historical fiction, sci-fi, erotica, and a mixture of those things.
Buu, you would probably highly enjoy Pillars of The Earth, which is Historical-Fiction :)

I've not long finished that and it's sequel "World Without End".

As for classics, I'm not sure if they are called that at the time, but you can tell why they are considered that now. Some of the classics (such as 1984 or To kill are mocking bird) are written so well, and have amazing stories, that you can't put it down.

Gog
Member Avatar

My heart belongs to Fantasy and Sci Fi.
Posted Image

Billa
Member Avatar
Thala na Gethu!

Intense thriller/horror or even romance as long as they are subtle

Dankness Flame
Member Avatar
The Dankest Of Flames

War-themed books are by far my favorite. But I also highly enjoy fantasy.
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

I can't choose between fantasy, thriller/horror (preferably outer space stuff, so sci fi aswell) and anything that has monsters in it.
Posted Image

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

I like mystery, something akin to Sherlock Holmes.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

+ Greenough
Member Avatar
狼牙風風拳

Fantasy, really like Medieval Fantasy the best.
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

Spoiler: click to toggle

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Books · Next Topic »

//