Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Dragon Ball Kai Ocean Dub Petition
Topic Started: Jan 31 2017, 06:45 PM (697 Views)
Arian
Member Avatar

Hey, guys.

I just submitted a petition to Change.org in a last ditch attempt to get Ocean Kai on the air.

https://www.change.org/p/michelle-mcteague-put-dragon-ball-kai-on-the-air-in-canada?recruiter=137239780

If you love the Ocean dub and would love to hear it one more time, please go to the link and sign the petition. If I get enough signatures, I can call Corus Entertainment and get them to look at it.
Edited by Arian, Jan 31 2017, 06:58 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Scotty_Rogers
Member Avatar
Your Boy Scotty

I remember hearing about the Ocean Group supposedly dubbing Kai in 2010. Lol, I feel bad for anyone who's been waiting for it to come out.

It's not going to happen. And there's no way they got far in dubbing Kai, assuming they even started in the first place.
Mah dogs are hongrey

Ketchup Revenge
Member Avatar
"Nyruhehehehe"

They need the license to do it.

They can't just willy nilly dub the series without permission from Toei first.
Whether or not people want Ocean to do it is irrelevant, it's up to Toei to allow it.

If you want this to happen, you need to petition to Toei as well.
Edited by Ketchup Revenge, Feb 2 2017, 01:52 AM.
Posted Image
The vengeance is hers' for as long as she stands by Him

Sam
Member Avatar
"Bwonsamdi, he be waiting to greet you."

I can't imagine why, personally, I found the Ocean dub to be... well, subpar at best. I really disliked Ocean dub's Vegeta voice. It was like metal screaming. I loved it when I was a kid that Vegeta's voice suddenly became bearable :lol: thanks Chris Sabat!
Posted Image
Thanks to NinjaSushi for the art - and Darker for pestering me into changing it. Happy now? It's Logan! :p

Zorcman
Member Avatar

They already had low budget after halfway in the Namek saga and had terribly repetitive music for the rest of their episodes. I can't see them getting the rights to Kai or Super.

Hip3r
Member Avatar

Wait wasn't there already a similar petition topic for Kai ocean dub because I remember submitting for that one. Anyways, I just submitted for this one also.Woohoo! Only 20 more to go :lol: . Besides the Funi dub, I also always loved the ocean dub. It was always a good alternative for me. I hope ocean gets to do it also.
Posted Image

+ Overly Facetious Goblin
Member Avatar
A Living Meme

I want no part in this despicable debauchery.
Coolest was the Coolest
Posted Image
bloggo

Scotty_Rogers
Member Avatar
Your Boy Scotty

It'd be better for there to be a Super Ocean dub at this point.

Not like Ocean fans are missing anything from Kai not being dubbed. Kai is just a condensed DBZ, and Ocean dubbed most of DBZ anyway.
Mah dogs are hongrey

Nitro
Member Avatar

Scotty_Rogers
Feb 1 2017, 08:56 AM

It's not going to happen. And there's no way they got far in dubbing Kai, assuming they even started in the first place.

Ketchup Revenge
Feb 2 2017, 01:48 AM
They need the license to do it.

They can't just willy nilly dub the series without permission from Toei first.
Whether or not people want Ocean to do it is irrelevant, it's up to Toei to allow it.

If you want this to happen, you need to petition to Toei as well.

SO much misinformation being spread here... You guys need to do your research or at least read the damn petition before spouting nonsense.

The dub is already complete! Ocean were paid to dub the show for an unknown company who most likely did get the license from Toei in order to do so. This isn't the case of fans simply wishing a dub would be made, WE ALREADY KNOW IT'S BEEN MADE, hence the urgency to get it out to the public!

The actors themselves have already confirmed this numerous times at conventions and over social media, the first 98 episode run of Kai are dubbed, the problem seems to be with the television networks in Canada who are refusing to pick up the show. This petition is made in order to try and convince them to finally air the damn thing.

I don't get this hostility you people have towards the Ocean dub cast, having a different version of something you love isn't a bad thing and it certainly won't erase the Funimation dub that you love. There's really no harm in supporting Canada getting Kai on TV.

Edited by Nitro, Feb 25 2017, 11:18 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Announcements · Next Topic »

//