Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Toriyama manga?
Topic Started: Jan 31 2017, 05:42 PM (1,077 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I'm looking at some of his manga and wondering which I should read. I've read jaco and a little bit of dr slump but I can't commit right now since it's too long

Go! Go! Ackman sounds really cool and a lot of fun. Has anyone else read it? Would you recommend it? Does it feel like dragon ball at all? Is there a decent amount of action?

Dragon ball z looks pretty good too I might check that one out
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 31 2017, 05:50 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Go! Go! Ackman is mostly comedy which is what Toriyama does best the most though there is some action in there.

You've probably already read Neko Majin, but if you haven't, go read it, it's pretty awesome. Same goes for most of Toriyama's works though mostly because they're really funny. Sand Land is also pretty good, and filled with some action. Jiya is a bit short, but the art is excellent, so is the action, so is the comedy and it also brings in a new badass galactic patrolman, Jiya.

Posted Image
Posted Image

A god incarnate. A city doomed.

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Thanks. I'll check them out. I didn't even know about jiya but it sounds cool and looks pretty badass
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Emmeth
No Avatar
I Yoeri

Kajika is a pretty good one-volume manga from Toriyama. I read it when it came out and enjoyed it a lot.

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

So far I've finished go go ackman, jiya, jaco, and I'm about half way through sandland
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

You've read Neko Majin, right?
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

No not yet

Most if not all of toriyama's series are in the same world but not all are in the same continuity right? I wonder which ones fit with each other

Obviously jaco and db. I hear dr slump clashes with db though

Universe 6's earth was wrecked by war. Could that be the earth in sandland?
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Neko Majin is really weird when it comes to continuity.

You'll see why.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Finished sandland. It was so great. Belzlebub was awesome. Currently reading neko majin now
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

What did you like the most about Sand Land? Was there anything you disliked?
Posted Image

* Mitas
Member Avatar
Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!

Does anybody know if Jiya, Sandland, Neko Majin or Kajika are available to buy in English translations? I can't seem to find any on Amazon or Ebay.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Darker
Feb 7 2017, 05:48 PM
What did you like the most about Sand Land? Was there anything you disliked?

Beelzebub was my favorite part. I loved every scene with him. But overall it's a fun series with a lot of creative ideas. Action was good. Beelzebub and sheef lifting the tank so they could shoot upward was so cool. Story was good and had a lot of build up. It felt epic and intense. Good characters. There isn't much I disliked about it. It was interesting how it was actually general zeu's idea to kill the pitches. Didn't expect to see beelzebub go crazy like that against the insect man

I guess what I disliked was that we didn't get to see beelzebub's pets on the adventure

You think a live action sandland movie could be good?

Mitas
Feb 7 2017, 05:55 PM
Does anybody know if Jiya, Sandland, Neko Majin or Kajika are available to buy in English translations? I can't seem to find any on Amazon or Ebay.

Viz translated sandland and they've done one chapter of neko majin Z. Jaco the galactic patrolman too. But no jiya or kajika it seems
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Ssj3vegito96
Feb 7 2017, 06:44 PM
You think a live action sandland movie could be good?

Nope.

Absolutely not.

Quote:

Viz translated sandland and they've done one chapter of neko majin Z. Jaco the galactic patrolman too. But no jiya or kajika it seems

I suggest reading all the Neko Majin chapters, not just the ones with Neko Majin Z.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Yeah I started from the beginning. Pretty good so far
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

If you want, or if you manage to find it, you can also go read Dragon Boy. It's basically Toriyama's proto-Dragon Ball, before he took a couple more ideas from Journey to the West. It's very short, so don't expect it to have a lot of stuff.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Manga · Next Topic »

//