Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Ghost in the shell movie?
Topic Started: Jan 11 2017, 03:30 AM (235 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I've never seen or read ghost in the shell and I honestly know nothing about it but trailer for live action movie coming out looks pretty cool

I want to know what people who are a fan of ghost in the shell think though
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Top

SpeedoTrunks
No Avatar

I like the anime, (the animation is amazing in parts). The story is "OK", and I was a bit underwhelmed with the ending of the movie, but it is what it is.

As for the live action one....I don't know. It looks nuts although I don't think it'll be any good. Apparently the writer of the original reckons its amazing, but I'd say that as well if they gave me a wheelbarrow full of money.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

If the writer of the original calls this amazing, then I'm probably going to like it as much as the original, which means that I'm not going to like it at all, since I found the original to be a very pointless borefest of a mess. I already had reasons not to watch this one, I'm tired of Scarlett Johansson being part of every popular movie nowadays, she's like the live-action Tara Strong. I'm not expecting a lot of people to like this one either, mainly because fans like to complain about stuff being different (and this is probably going to differ a lot from the highly acclaimed 1995 anime movie that everyone loves) and because there are a lot of production companies working on it, which might lead to many classic mistakes we've seen in the past with movies that could've been good.

However I've read in Wikipedia that Avi Arad is one of the producers, and he's produced a lot of good stuff so I dunno. Then again Avi just seems to produce anything (or most stuff) Marvel related, and iirc this movie is being distributed by Disney, right?
Posted Image

"For just like you I made myself a work of art."

Steve
Member Avatar
Elf Dimension Style Pupil

I'm not a fan of the series having never watched it but from what I can tell real fans of the series think it looks fantastic.

And then there's the people who are probably still bitching and boycotting the movie for "whitewashing" even though the main character is in a cyborg body and doesn't even know what they originally looked like and it's set in a time where everywhere was mixed race...

It looks cool anyway, I don't think it'll be that great. Probably like the Total Recall remake, good but nothing to shout about.

I too am bored of Scarlett Johansson, I don't think she's a very good actress at all but she's good looking so of course she must be in every movie.
Well, she's not a bad actress but she's certainly better as a supporting character rather than a lead.
WHOLESOME
Posted Image
GOODNESS

tOMMY pICKLES
Member Avatar
Yare Yare Daze

watch the 1995 ghost in the shell movie first too see if you enjoy that.

i love ghost in the shell. it can be a little gritty and very metaphorical so if your not into that i doubt you will enjoy. very good series though i highly recommend

im pretty hopeful for this movie, if done right i feel it could turn out really amazing. but you just never know.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Television and Films · Next Topic »

//