Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
How the hell did piccolo get so strong?
Topic Started: Jan 11 2017, 03:22 AM (685 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I know the concensus is that piccolo after training for the androids was super saiyan tier and stronger than namek or even yardrat goku and I've come to terms with it too. But how?

He trained with goku who's a super saiyan but seriously? He got like 200x stronger? Goku and gohan didn't even make those gains in the ROSAT together mastering ssj

My explanation is that maybe because he fused with nail his potential skyrocketed and since that was the first time he had trained since then he was able to tap into it? What do you think?
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 11 2017, 03:26 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Top

Paladin
Member Avatar

I have him around 100x stronger than his Trunks arc self, which comes out to ~5x stronger a year. Considering he was training with Super Saiyan Goku, I don't think its all that unreasonable.

Quote:

Chapter: 346 (DBZ 152), P12.4
Kuririn: “He’s st-strong…! What kind of training did Piccolo do…And he’s not even a Su-Super Saiyan…”

I guess the earthlings are shocked at Piccolo's power though, I guess he is just really strong here because Toriyama needed him to be Super Saiyan tier to move the arc along?

EDIT: I have him around 3,000,000 when Trunks shows up, and around 280 million for the Androids.
Edited by Paladin, Jan 11 2017, 03:33 AM.

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

He was at like 1.5-2 million before his training for the androids right? So if he's at 300+ million(?) then he's gotten a f*** ton stronger
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 11 2017, 03:32 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Vertical
Member Avatar

Ssj3vegito96
Jan 11 2017, 03:31 AM
He was at like 1.5-2 million before his training for the androids right? So if he's at 300+ million(?) then he's gotten a f*** ton stronger
Over 3 years.

That's a long time...

Even going from your low-end 1.5m to 300m is only ~5.8x stronger each year.

Personally, I like to think that training against someone so much stronger than he was helped him a lot... as it seems to help anyone else in the series.
Edited by Vertical, Jan 11 2017, 04:08 AM.
DeviantART

Nagito Komaeda
Member Avatar
Greato Daze!

I think that fusing with Nail had a lot to do with it. It pushed up his potential ceiling and the power boost allowed him to train with stronger partners.
Posted Image

Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

Yeah 3 years gives a lot of framing for getting immensely stronger. Goku went from 90,000 to 3,000,000

Gohan went from 1,000-2,000 to well over 200,000

Vegeta went from in the ballpark of 24,000 to stronger than Piccolo who was contending with second form freeza who is over one million.

They all did this in the course of less than a week. Three years by comparison is far more believable.
Posted Image

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

Pretty much because of plot, which is how all power increases in Dragon Ball are determined.

"Trained with a Super Saiyan" and "having a lot of potential" seem like good ideas, but Gohan fills both of those criteria and he didn't get anywhere near as strong.
Posted Image

+ Pointer
Member Avatar

Ssj3vegito96
Jan 11 2017, 03:22 AM
I know the concensus is that piccolo after training for the androids was super saiyan tier and stronger than namek or even yardrat goku and I've come to terms with it too. But how?

He trained with goku who's a super saiyan but seriously? He got like 200x stronger? Goku and gohan didn't even make those gains in the ROSAT together mastering ssj

My explanation is that maybe because he fused with nail his potential skyrocketed and since that was the first time he had trained since then he was able to tap into it? What do you think?
Only God knows how strong those two androids were.

We only knew that piccolo is above them.
“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
Posted Image

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Piccolo fused with Nail previously, both had untapped potential (apparently) and as such Piccolo gained a lot. He also trained with a SSJ much stronger than himself and pushed himself even harder to reach those levels. Also plot device.
Posted Image
Jennifer Parker: Dr. Brown, I brought this note back from the future and - now it's erased.
Doc: Of course it's erased!
Jennifer Parker: But what does that mean?
Doc: It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you.
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
孫 悟空

It seems ridiculous, but Piccolo has always had large gains from training and he's now fused with another namek. We don't really see what's going down on training, but training with a Super Saiyan Goku probably helped a lot too.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

Kblo247
Member Avatar

Well to be fair in the manga unlike the anime, Piccolo and Gohan are showed to be fighting Goku as a ssj in their training.

Who says Gohan wasn't strong? He was lumped in with Krillin who still had such a gap on him that Tien never catches up and who improves Roshi to the point he is stronger than Chaiotzu and Yamcha as we are currently being told. Gohan was the one Piccolo calls when Gero grabs him and Gohan knocks fire from Gero's a*** if you guys forget when he got him off Piccolo and dropped down in front of him

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I just look at like vertical. ~5.8x stronger per year for 3 years. Plus he's a fusion. It's not that crazy
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 14 2017, 03:16 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Pointer
Member Avatar

Ssj3vegito96
Jan 14 2017, 03:15 AM
I just look at like vertical. ~5.8x stronger per year for 3 years. Plus he's a fusion. It's not that crazy
The fact that Gohan could beat down Gero when he was focused on not letting Piccolo go is something.

I guess those two androids were pathetic. Nothing suggest that they are that special.

Its like Assuming Pui Pui is something when he was certainly a bug in the buu arc
“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
Posted Image

POOHEAD189
Member Avatar

I wouldn't say Piccolo was stronger than Yardrat SSJ Goku, but he was definitely very very powerful.

Quote:

Pretty much because of plot, which is how all power increases in Dragon Ball are determined.

"Trained with a Super Saiyan" and "having a lot of potential" seem like good ideas, but Gohan fills both of those criteria and he didn't get anywhere near as strong.

I'd chalk this down to 1) Piccolo being more powerful already, 2) Piccolo knows training techniques to further enhance himself far more than most, and honestly while it's not stated, I easily see Goku going easy on Gohan but training with Piccolo all out.

If I had to give him an actual PL, I'd say 1 million 600 thousand- 2 million in Trunks saga, and maybe 130-140 million Android saga.
Edited by POOHEAD189, Jan 18 2017, 07:55 AM.
Posted Image
Tha gaol agam ort. <3

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »

//