Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
A dbz reboot?
Topic Started: Jan 7 2017, 06:01 PM (797 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Would you like a reboot of dragon ball z? I enjoy dragon ball, super, Kai, and GT but I feel Z, being as famous and loved as it is, deserves this
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Top

EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

I'd like them to go back to basically anything Pre-Trunks and just...reanimate it. Don't just fix it up like Kai, like literally re-animate it and animate it good. It's easy to see that a lot of the animation back then is, pretty dated. For example take the reanimated fight of Goku vs Freeza (Namek) on the Resurrection F. movie. Its a nice, completely updated and fluid video.

So just imagine that for the rest of the series.

You could do the rest for later part of the series, but I feel that once we got into Trunks and later, the animation honestly went a good deal up.

And it's not just DBZ, imagine the battle with King Piccolo and Piccolo J.r in new and improved animation.

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Why would we want a reboot if the original content is good already? That logic baffles me.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page
Online Profile Quote Top

Slifer
Member Avatar

Would love to see the entirety of DB and at least Z Kai completely reanimated from the ground up. Take your time and do it right.

Don't know what the profit is in that but it'd be nice to have regardless.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Animation isn't the only problem here, DB and Z are very inconsistent and the later arcs don't feel like they belong with the rest. A DB reboot should be given to someone who loves and cares about the franchise, so not Toei.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Emmeth
Jan 7 2017, 06:19 PM
Why would we want a reboot if the original content is good already? That logic baffles me.
Don't get me wrong. I love dbz

I just think it'll be fun to see completely reanimated with a few minor changes here and there

Like how EMIYA mentioned the reanimated goku vs Frieza fight in the RF movie trunks edition. That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It was so badass and nice to see. Pure eye candy. It was awesome and so epic

Now that I think about it there doesn't need to be any drastic changes to the content itself but a complete reanimation would be nice. Not really a "reboot" lol
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 7 2017, 06:45 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

It being reanimated isn't a reboot though.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Emmeth
Jan 7 2017, 06:47 PM
It being reanimated isn't a reboot though.
Yeah. I agree actually. There doesn't need to be any changes to the content. Just seeing that reanimated ssj goku vs Frieza fight in RF: trunks edition was amazing though and I would love to see the series completely remade with that budget

But while we're on the topic of it I'm wondering what minor changes you guys would like to see if there was a reboot
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 7 2017, 06:49 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

For starters, make it more consistent. Don't waste the potential of characters like Raditz or Dr Gero, they could've stayed for way longer than they did and shouldn't have been killed off when they did. No character should be pointless, and that includes the ones that get less screen time such as the Bear Thief or Babidi's minions, some explanation of why they're there or what their roles are would be welcome.

Delve a little more into the less developed characters, which includes almost everyone. The Saiyans, Freeza's race, the other alien species across the universe, etc. Don't make most characters so painfully one-dimensional, even the thugs and minions should be a bit more fun. Including some of the storylines from the movies would also be entertaining, as some of them would fit with the original story, and would help a lot when it came to worldbuilding and development of the characters, major or minor.

Sidestories would be interesting to have for characters we don't see a lot, like Monster Carrot. Where did he get his powers? Where did Yamcha learn his skill or why was he stuck in the desert? Who were the Ginyu Force before becoming the deadliest squadron in the Universe? Among many other unanswered questions that don't need to be left out for us to just assume. The more we learn, the more interesting and enjoyable it could be.
Posted Image

* Mitas
Member Avatar
I'mma make it look sexy

I would definitely be interested in, and actually go out of my way to watch, a reboot, which is more than can be said for GT & Super (both of which I haven't seen, nor do I intend to). Darker covered the main reason I'd be interested in a reboot, which would be a chance to write stories that aren't solely about the Saiyans and whatever the next transformation is going to be. Like Darker said, there are a lot of characters created that were completely squandered (e.g. you introduce Goku's last living relative and kill him off almost instantly). We already have the existing DBZ, so a reboot would have to put it's own stamp on things, and I feel that investing in characters like Krillin, Tien, Yamcha etc, along with other side-characters and villains, would be the way to do that.

The interesting point would be where to start the reboot, and which stories to omit and which to relive/redo.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."
Online Profile Quote Top

EMIYA
Member Avatar

Also it needs a definitive ending. If you want to continue it, continue it with complete different characters and story.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for example is made up of currently 8 parts, each one...well Part 1-6 and 7-8 (if you've read it you know what I'm talking about) are connected with one another, but end up as completely different stories with completely different characters. It's a fun way to continue the adventure of where it all started but with a new fresh coat of paint on it. Main characters in one part might end up as supporting characters in a later part.

And these Parts end and the next part might have a 50-100 year time skip or something.

DBZ is a series that just really needs to end. It needs to step down and say "Hey, we had fun, we had many adventures on the way but now its time to lay down and let our heroes rest."

Which the Boo Arc could have done. It could've just had it as Gohan, Goten, Trunks and all that being the real heroes as they are supported by the previous characters. But as we all know, it becomes the Goku and Vegeta show by the end and the younger generation is basically treated as ineffective.

+ Solid Snake
Member Avatar
滅Are you frightened?

EMIYA
Jan 7 2017, 09:50 PM
Also it needs a definitive ending. If you want to continue it, continue it with complete different characters and story.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for example is made up of currently 8 parts, each one...well Part 1-6 and 7-8 (if you've read it you know what I'm talking about) are connected with one another, but end up as completely different stories with completely different characters. It's a fun way to continue the adventure of where it all started but with a new fresh coat of paint on it. Main characters in one part might end up as supporting characters in a later part.

And these Parts end and the next part might have a 50-100 year time skip or something.

DBZ is a series that just really needs to end. It needs to step down and say "Hey, we had fun, we had many adventures on the way but now its time to lay down and let our heroes rest."

Which the Boo Arc could have done. It could've just had it as Gohan, Goten, Trunks and all that being the real heroes as they are supported by the previous characters. But as we all know, it becomes the Goku and Vegeta show by the end and the younger generation is basically treated as ineffective.
They are ineffective though, the kids at least. Goten and Trunks learning the fusion dance was supposed to be the ultimate warrior to defeat the powered up Super Buu, and he garnered the power to do so, but yet he wasted his 5 minutes playing with the very thing that laid waste to his family and friends. He knew what was at stake and he was inept to finish the job. Gohan is excused but when he initially made it to the field, he should've ended it and not gave Buu a chance to commence his plan to absorb Gotenks. Like he learned nothing from the time he fought Cell and let a being he could've vanquished, instead kill his father and Trunks.

So yeah, at that moment, Goku and Vegeta were better options then the next generation.
Posted Image
Shinnozou tomete kureru! ~ Evil Ryu

SSJG and SSJ4 Goku Sig

Dragon Ball: Ultimate Road Story

Naruto and Goku's Adventure Story

EMIYA
Member Avatar

Then just make them competent. It's only by writing that the kids are so ineffective.

Heck,it could be good character development to have the kids fight Boo, act up and be cocky and have someone close to them die because of it. Then they could realize, we got to stop Majin boo or he's going to hurt even more people.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

This thread allows us to give ourselves ideas for a DB reboot so let's not forget about it and bury it underneath many others.

Let's bring more interesting concepts to the table.
Posted Image

FollowtheLeader
Member Avatar

Oh GOD yes! Fix up the writing, have it end at the Cell games with Gohan as the new protector of Earth and not... be destined to become what he is now. Eliminate all this multiverse/God nonsense. Maybe have the human character retain a far greater sense of importance even with newer threats. Maybe don't let Krillin be a bumbling buffoon who endangered the ENTIRE world just because his a*** was thirsty for a walking toaster oven! Just some thoughts.

Or just end it at Frieza where both he AND Goku die in a fiery, planetary explosion after Goku fulfills his destiny of becoming the Super Saiyan, and have the last screen be Goku and Frieza clashing in other world, and have Goku have this big grin on his face as he's gained a powerful opponent to fight until the end of time.
Edited by FollowtheLeader, Jan 9 2017, 03:07 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »

//