Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
SSJ4 > SSJB
Topic Started: Jan 6 2017, 08:03 AM (893 Views)
Venato
Member Avatar
The Saiyan Hunter

Here are my arguments:

The SSJ4 is a potential unlock, which means that the user get their current dormant power, making them as powerful as they possibly can, though the potential is always retconned in Dragon Ball.

As such, if Goku, with his current power in DBS, get a potential unlock, he will be quite obviously much stronger than he is in SSJB. In this scenario, SSJ4 > SSJB.

And frankly, it just looks so much better.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

Super Saiyan Blue uses God Ki, so it's rather unlikely that Super Saiyan 4 is stronger simply because it's a potential unlock.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita

* Riot
Member Avatar
Renoir

I do, however, agree on the opinion that it looks better. =3
Posted Image
Do I Wanna Know?
If This Feeling Flows Both Ways

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
孫 悟空

Are there any limits with god ki though?
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

Spoiler: click to toggle

SuperSaiyanGodGogeta
Member Avatar

Continuity wise it's stronger since Goku needed a new transformation to beat Baby despite being revised to have god power due to the events of Super.

Sjk8
Member Avatar
TR's the name, and Godstomping's my game

Ssj4 is a simple unlock of the potential of the user while SSB is a God boost that directly derives from the SSG ritual, which is an enormous jump in power to a whole other level explicitly stated by Goku to be impossible to achieve by normal means, no matter the quantity of training.
If they were to happen at the same time, the boost of the Ssj4 would be laughable if compared to SSG/SSB; Ssj4 would also be inferior to the Ultimate power-up of Old-Kai, since the latter brings the inner power of the user up to the limits and then even beyond them.
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Do not argue with ignorants, because they take you to their level and then they beat you with experience

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

When Goku said achieving Super Saiyan Red was something he could never do under normal circumstances, would that include unlocking his dormant power? If so, then yes, Red would be a far bigger multiplier regardless of how much dormant power Goku had at the time.

If it doesn't count, then perhaps I could argue it's a subjective debate. I mean, going by the shenanigans in the Black arc where someone got a rage boost every other episode, Super Saiyan 4 would've been pretty darn useful. SSB Goku was weaker than SSR Black but managed to, I'm assuming with rage, force back and injure Merged Zamasu. That should qualify as dormant power for Goku. And Trunks...man, what a load of horse s***.
Posted Image

Vertical
Member Avatar

Potential isn't retconned. Potential in Dragon Ball is essentially infinite. Characters continue to get stronger and stronger... with the only limit seeming to be their own life span. The problem is a lot of "dormant power" is often labeled as "potential"... and that causes confusion for many.

Also, your argument that SSJ4 would make current DBS Goku stronger than his SSJB-self is countered by the idea that SSJG took Goku far beyond his limits through outside aid.

And finally, while I'll agree that the design concept of SSJMonkey is far superior to SSJRecolour... the actual execution isn't really that much better.
DeviantART

ekrolo2
Member Avatar

I wouldn't put much stock in the whole potential thing since SS3 was described as doing the same thing.

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

ekrolo2
Jan 6 2017, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't put much stock in the whole potential thing since SS3 was described as doing the same thing.
It was, but it was also given a multiplier. Super Saiyan 4 has always been a dormant power unlock, at least since the Perfect Files came out.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

So a potential unlock is something that brings out the persons power to the highest it can be at the moment right? So then what is dormant or hidden power or whatever it's called? What's the purpose of tapping into that? Wouldn't all that be brought out anyway with a potential unlock?

Also, let's say goku after the ROSAT before the cell games(when he said that he couldn't get much stronger) went ssj4. He wouldn't get much of a power increase?
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 6 2017, 08:22 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Vertical
Jan 6 2017, 06:59 PM
Potential isn't retconned. Potential in Dragon Ball is essentially infinite. Characters continue to get stronger and stronger... with the only limit seeming to be their own life span. The problem is a lot of "dormant power" is often labeled as "potential"... and that causes confusion for many.

Also, your argument that SSJ4 would make current DBS Goku stronger than his SSJB-self is countered by the idea that SSJG took Goku far beyond his limits through outside aid.

And finally, while I'll agree that the design concept of SSJMonkey is far superior to SSJRecolour... the actual execution isn't really that much better.
Potential and dormant power are usually synonymous in the manga. That's likely where the confusion comes from.

I forgot about Red taking him beyond his limits. That's the goddamn ace in the hole. f***.

@Vegito: If he's near his limits then yeah, he wouldn't get much out of Super Saiyan 4.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I find it really hard to believe that they would portray ssj4 as being so strong but at the same time it's potentially almost useless

Ssj alone is big multiplier but the true original super saiyan form of legend(the golden great ape and ssj4 is a controlled version of it) can potentially be weaker?? I'm calling bulls*** on that. There's got to be more it than this
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Maybe it's a 500x multiplier, which is conveniently bringing out a Saiyan's battle power to its limit.
Posted Image

TheACE
Member Avatar
The Last GT Fighter

I hardly think it's a linear comparison. Super Saiyan 4 seems a lot more linear and physical. God Mode and Blue Mode strike me as difficult to quantify, almost entirely being plot bassd.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Movies / GT · Next Topic »

//