Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
What is world's most concern issue?
Topic Started: Jan 5 2017, 01:44 PM (692 Views)
+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
The Step Mom

In my opinion and this is probably more USA influence admittly but it's the race card being pulled or even a belief card being monitored every single incident. The incident could not even have race in mind but somehow in turns into a black crime or racist hate crime.
Offline Profile Quote Top

SpeedoTrunks
Member Avatar
Arggghhhh - Trunks

In fairness, the race thing is brought up due to circumstances, mainly that of "unarmed black people being shot by White people", which does look bad on paper. That and America does have a large history of racial issues, which whilst it may be not as bad as it used to be, it's still a big talking point.

As for everything else, who knows. World Concerns? not really sure what this means to be honest but my take on it is everybody is as bad as each, just to varying degrees. Racism doesn't seem to be as bad in the UK, but I know it still goes on, and is terrible in certain area's...but whatever man.

My biggest personal concern? The world is potentially knackered with Brexit + President Trump, and everything we are all used to could change dramatically.....and I have a daughter that has to grow up in that. Who knows, maybe it'll all work out and we'll entire 100 years of peace and we'll all be millionaires, but I don't see it.

+ Overly Facetious Goblin
Member Avatar
A Living Meme

I don't know if this thread is about the race card or about the world's most concerning issue, but I don't think people pulling a race/religion card is the biggest issue we have to worry about.

What about poverty, global warming, terrorism, and the threat of future wars? People hiding behind their race/religion is hardly comparable, and I don't really think those are huge issues anymore in most 1st world countries.
Online Profile Quote Top

+ GinyuTokusentai
Member Avatar
Leve Feyenoord 1!

India/Pakistan.

Two significant populous neighboring fundamentalist religious countries that hate each other intensely and have nuclear weapons.

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
The Step Mom

Overly Facetious Goblin
Jan 5 2017, 02:33 PM
I don't know if this thread is about the race card or about the world's most concerning issue, but I don't think people pulling a race/religion card is the biggest issue we have to worry about.

What about poverty, global warming, terrorism, and the threat of future wars? People hiding behind their race/religion is hardly comparable, and I don't really think those are huge issues anymore in most 1st world countries.
The thread is about what you believe is the most concerning issue for the world.

Agent Dark
Member Avatar

Pulling the race card is hardly the biggest issue facing the world. Especially since it is valid sometimes. Terrorism, war, and poverty would be at the top of the list.

Nagito Komaeda
Member Avatar
Greato Daze!

The Environment, definitely. While the other issues are pressing, if the Environment fails, then those issues will be entirely irrelevant.
Online Profile Quote Top

Steve
Member Avatar
Papa...papa gotta destroy the toilet. Leave. NOW.

Our unwillingness we seem to be to do things better when we totally could.

We make phones that will die within a few years so people have to buy more, dandruff shampoo that gives you dandruff when you stop using it, stock way more food than towns could possibly use in shops/restaurants etc, continue to use fossil fuels because making things renewable is too big of an investment to do fast.

We ignore issues like climate change pretending they don't exist until it's too late and refuse to put money in to things that would help everyone because people are far too concerned with how many shiny objects they can fit in their own little box rather than helping people they are completely able to.

In a nutshell, how the whole world is designed around gaining as much but using as little as possible in return and all the squabbles that ensue because of that.

It's so stupid. We can't fix climate change for instance, it's a natural process. But we have the power to both lessen the impact and prepare people for it but we don't bother, instead we fight over whether or not what's obviously happening is is real.

Imagine how far we'd be as a species if this attitude didn't plague us, most everyone could have solar powered generators and the means to make food if we enter another ice age but instead it'll be a bunch of useless t***s in big bunkers that live on because they had the biggest pile of shiny objects.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

I'm surprised overpopulation hasn't been mentioned yet.
Online Profile Quote Top

lazerbem
Member Avatar

Darker
Jan 6 2017, 11:40 PM
It isn't a projected issue for the moment, the demographic shift is moving along fairly nicely, though foreign wars bombing them back into Stage 2 doesn't help the matter.

+ Green
Member Avatar
Flashy Thing!

lazerbem
Jan 7 2017, 01:20 AM
Darker
It isn't a projected issue for the moment, the demographic shift is moving along fairly nicely, though foreign wars bombing them back into Stage 2 doesn't help the matter.
I would definitely consider overpopulation a current and real issue. China for example has had restrictions on the number of children people can have which includes(ed?) restrictions based on sex. Jobs that provide a living wage outnumber the people who need them and space were people can reasonably go live is limited and/or controlled by governments and individuals.
Online Profile Quote Top

lazerbem
Member Avatar

Green
Jan 7 2017, 02:03 AM
lazerbem
Jan 7 2017, 01:20 AM
Darker
I would definitely consider overpopulation a current and real issue. China for example has had restrictions on the number of children people can have which includes(ed?) restrictions based on sex. Jobs that provide a living wage outnumber the people who need them and space were people can reasonably go live is limited and/or controlled by governments and individuals.
That's an economic concern, not a population one. Space is sort of an issue, but even so, it's a relatively easy one to resolve(you could shove the world population into Texas comfortably, that'll give you an idea of the space issue)

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

lazerbem
Jan 7 2017, 02:27 AM
That's an economic concern, not a population one. Space is sort of an issue, but even so, it's a relatively easy one to resolve(you could shove the world population into Texas comfortably, that'll give you an idea of the space issue)
Is that a joke or is Texas actually bigger than I originally thought? :huh:
Online Profile Quote Top

* Mitas
Member Avatar
Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!

I assume he just means you could fit the world's population into a plot of land the size of Texas, not that everybody in the world could live comfortably in a plot of land that size. It's not really an argument against overpopulation to say we could all fit in a plot of land the size of Texas since it wouldn't be much of a life with 100 square metres per person, but I get the point that there's plenty of land out there, it's just about spreading that population out. However, overpopulation is definitely a problem if people continue to be concentrated in certain countries and cities.

There are plenty of pressing issues out there for us to worry about. Terrorism, the threat of nuclear war, environmental issues, poverty, disease and famine in the poorer countries across the world, the number of people outnumbering the available jobs etc. We're far from the days where we can single out just one issue as the most pressing.
Online Profile Quote Top

lazerbem
Member Avatar

Darker
Jan 7 2017, 03:19 AM
lazerbem
Jan 7 2017, 02:27 AM
Is that a joke or is Texas actually bigger than I originally thought? :huh:
You could do that and still have a relatively comfortable apartment. Of course, that'd also be with just homes stacked up in a really compressed fashion without any amenities, so it wouldn't be practical, but my point is that there's a lot of space in the world. Shoving everyone into Texas wouldn't work, but there is a lot of available space.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »

//