Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Is this legit?
Topic Started: Jan 4 2017, 07:32 AM (451 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Quote:

12: From time to time, il would happen that people whom I didn't even know were approaching me about the anime. Things were often said like: "Oh jeeze, between the manga and the anime, you must never take any time to let yourself breathe!". In reality, I had hardly worked at all on the anime, I had put confidence in my collaborators. I had enough to do just with the manga. I didn't want to work myself to death, you know...

Toriyama: I want to live until I'm 100 years old!

13: For example, drawing an image of a movement in a manga is relatively simple, but to animate this image, you had to decompose the movement and draw all the intermediary movements. That demands a colossal amount of work. (Ok, the example of Kame-sennin might not be the most appropriate...)

14: Of course, those who have read Dragon Ball have noticed that certain stories which are found in the anime didn't existe in the manga.

Oolong: What's this? I never saw that in the manga....

END: As one adventure in the manga corresponds to about 10 minutes of animation, and since one episode comprises on average 30 minutes, the entire series of Dragon Ball would have passed by very quickly. The team of animators therefore had to insert some original stories. I admire what they have done, that's a hell of a job!

Toriyama: Dragon Ball, it's the anime and the manga

This thread at kanzenshuu has the whole mini comic http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2659

Did that last line just canonize the anime? "Dragon ball: it's the anime and the manga"
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 4 2017, 07:32 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Tori's just saying the two co-exist, not that they're one and the same.
Posted Image

A god incarnate. A city doomed.

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

At this point, whatever he says I take with a grain of salt. Even if meant they were both canon, I wouldn't take it as such.
Posted Image
Jennifer Parker: Dr. Brown, I brought this note back from the future and - now it's erased.
Doc: Of course it's erased!
Jennifer Parker: But what does that mean?
Doc: It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you.
Online Profile Quote Top

Total Warrior
Member Avatar

Yeah, i've seen this interview around in the Internet for a few years now. Tbh i agree with Emmeth, if AT says both anime and manga are Canon ( like this interview implies) I would probably believe him, but i wouldn't mind if someone didn't agree with him, nor would i try to convince them to change their mind
Posted Image

Vertical
Member Avatar

To me, he's simply saying they're both "Dragon Ball".

If you're looking for information regarding "canon", read the rest of the interview where he clearly states he had very little to do with the anime.
DeviantART

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Vertical
Jan 4 2017, 12:49 PM
To me, he's simply saying they're both "Dragon Ball".

If you're looking for information regarding "canon", read the rest of the interview where he clearly states he had very little to do with the anime.
Yeah, this interview is often (or was) taken out of context to justify any nonsense Toei put into their adaptation. It's nothing more than him saying the anime is simply part of the Dragon Ball machine.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

But he says it even after he says that he had close to nothing to do with the anime but he's happy that they were able to add more stories. He even says that he's thankful for them adding in stories because the manga itself is too short. I feel like he's saying the anime and manga together is the complete dragon ball
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 4 2017, 06:32 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Ssj3vegito96
Jan 4 2017, 06:29 PM
But he says it even after he says that he had close to nothing to do with the anime but he's happy that they were able to add more stories. He even says that he's thankful for them adding in stories because the manga itself is too short. I feel like he's saying the anime and manga together is the complete dragon ball
It is. The anime and manga are considered "Dragon Ball." It's that easy. It doesn't change that the manga is the source material from God himself, and the anime is the live version of it with added junk.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

But it's not worded as "the anime and manga are both dragon ball". What toriyama is saying is that dragon ball is the anime and the manga. It doesn't sound like he's trying to separate them into two canons to me. Especially that he said before in the comic that he feels as though the anime completes the manga
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 5 2017, 03:37 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

I get what you're saying. However, reading it over, I think he's just attributing Dragon Ball's overall success/presence to the manga and the anime, since the anime reaches far more people than the manga can. He's giving the animators props for doing what they do. I don't think this really has anything to do with "canon."
Posted Image

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

There's nothing about canon here. Toriyama is basically just saying that the anime and manga exist as official Dragon Ball products. Toriyama (and most people) don't care about "canon", they just want to entertain people, which the manga and anime both do.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

First he says that some of the stories in the anime didn't happen in the manga but then he says that dragon ball=anime and manga as if they were one thing; that it doesn't matter that some of the anime isn't in the manga. Idk that's what I got from it
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 5 2017, 05:35 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Kaboom
Member Avatar

Let me put it this way:

Toriyama did not use the word "canon" anywhere within that quote.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »

//