Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
[WWE] Kurt Angle Return?
Topic Started: Dec 29 2016, 08:53 PM (190 Views)
Graffiti
Member Avatar
MGD.

http://comicbook.com/wwe/2016/12/29/wwe-kurt-angles-wwe-return-date-revealed-/

If this rumors are true then this is something to be excited about. I've been waiting for Kurt Angle to return to the WWE for years and my wishes are possibly coming true. I personally want to see him feud with the likes of Rusev, Seth Rollins, Cesaro or perhaps manage the team of American Alpha, thus forming a second incarnation of Team Angle. With Samoa Joe making his high anticipated main roster debut soon, and AJ Styles having already made his debut nearly a year ago, it'd be interesting see Angle do something with those two considering the history that they share back in TNA.
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ Yusuke
Member Avatar

I'd love to see an Angle/Joe program on SD if he's coming back mainly because of all the awesome matches they had in TNA.

Though regardless of whether or not he's coming back, I want him to appear at the Rumble and have a face to face confrontation with Lesnar in the match. That would essentially speak for itself.

SpeedoTrunks
Member Avatar
Arggghhhh - Trunks

Angle has said to promoters he's on the way back, but it'll be interesting to see in what capacity, as he'd have to pass the WWE medicals first.....which would be interesting if he's able to do that.

+ Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

SpeedoTrunks
Jan 3 2017, 12:03 PM
Angle has said to promoters he's on the way back, but it'll be interesting to see in what capacity, as he'd have to pass the WWE medicals first.....which would be interesting if he's able to do that.
Uh, need I remind Kurt Angle is an OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST! Who run it with a BROKEN FRICKIN' NECK. /s

* Mitas
Member Avatar
Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!

The medical isn't the hurdle. Vince McMahon has been reportedly against signing him because of his history with alcohol and drink driving. He doesn't want to be held accountable if Kurt does it again under a WWE contract and deal with the issues it brings up with sponsors. That being said, I think Angle has been clean for a couple years now, so there's always the chance that WWE are happy he's put it all behind him and are willing to bring him back.
Online Profile Quote Top

SpeedoTrunks
Member Avatar
Arggghhhh - Trunks

Well for what its worth, Angle is a complete mess....body wise. Testing is much more rigorous than it used to be. As an example, new UK tournament commentator Nigel McGuinness wasn't originally signed to wrestle signed due to an arm injury that didn't stop him wrestling else where, but WWE thought it'd be bad for his health etc.

This is why guys like Brian/Christian don't wrestle any more, not because they can't, but because WWE don't want people potentially dying on their roster.

Vince's problem is just the above, he doesn't want an Olympic gold medalist to die whilst on the WWE roster as it's bad PR.

* Mitas
Member Avatar
Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!

Yeah, but that wouldn't explain why he hasn't been brought back in a non-wrestling role. Obviously unless Angle himself would only want to come back to wrestle, which I can't see being the case at this point in his career (done it all, old, pains that come with wrestling for so long, plus who turns down WWE money for doing nothing but talking etc), but I guess that could be the case.
Online Profile Quote Top

SpeedoTrunks
Member Avatar
Arggghhhh - Trunks

The reason(s) he hasn't been brought back, from whats been said, is a combo of Vince not wanting him associated with the company (in case he dies) and Triple H just not liking him generally, which is well documented.

Apparently he had a meeting with them some time shortly after he left TNA and they did offer him a job then, but it was a purposeful low-ball offer, in the hope he wouldn't take it...and he didn't.

Times have changed and now they need people on the roster to take up some space on the new brand split anyway, and whether he wrestles or not, having him back would be fantastic. Surly he's HOF bound regardless.

Barbossa
Member Avatar
Master o' War

I'd tell you one thing for sure, though - I'd definitely tune in to WWE programming again to see who he feuds with if he makes an in-ring comeback.

SpeedoTrunks
Member Avatar
Arggghhhh - Trunks

Oh definitely.

For me Personally, a dream scenario would be a return in the rumble, then later stating he's retiring at the following years wrestlemania (so not this year, in 2018). Then have 12+ months of essentially open challanges on RAW/whatever, and the PPV's with just solid wrestling matches from him.

Kurt vs:

Seth Rollins
Kevin Owen
Sami Zayn
Samoa Joe
Aj Styles
Nakamura (potentailly)

plus a whole list of other people, would be amazing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »

//