Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Is SSJ2 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta that much stronger than SSJ2 Kid Gohan?
Topic Started: Dec 23 2016, 12:18 PM (1,442 Views)
G.G.
Member Avatar

In the Buu saga Goku stated that Majin Vegeta is much more powerful than Gohan when Gohan beat Cell but I want to ask how much stronger Vegeta and Goku are compared to Super Perfect Cell and Gohan?
Offline Profile Quote Top

Slifer
Member Avatar

G.G.
Dec 23 2016, 12:18 PM
In the Buu saga Goku stated that Majin Vegeta is much more powerful than Gohan when Gohan beat Cell
When did Goku say that?

Vegeta acknowledged that SSJ2 Goku surpassed Kid Gohan and Piccolo had trouble differentiating between Majin Vegeta (equal to SSJ2 Goku) and Kid Gohan. The gap shouldn't be very large.

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

Vegeta is the one that mentions that Goku has surpassed Gohan. We're not really told by how much, but Piccolo seems to have trouble discerning who's stronger, so I guess Goku and Vegeta are only a little stronger.
Strength Checker

Chapter: 465 (DBZ 271), P2.3
Context: as Vegeta fights Boo
Piccolo: “He’s already surpassed Super Saiyan as well…This is tremendous power…Perhaps even greater than Gohan’s when he fought Cell…”
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita

Paladin
Member Avatar

Vegeta just tells Goku he's "stronger" than CG SS2 Gohan, and Piccolo has trouble differentiating CG Gohan and Majin Vegeta, so the two of them shouldn't be much stronger than CG Gohan.

SS2 Goku/Majin Vegeta - 110
CG SS2 Gohan - 100

Something like that...

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Maybe the "much stronger" thing is anime-exclusive, or fanslated?
Posted Image

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
The King in the North

Pyrus
Dec 23 2016, 07:30 PM
Maybe the "much stronger" thing is anime-exclusive, or fanslated?
I don't think that's even said in the anime. The closest thing said is Vegeta saying "at least your stronger than your son when he beat Cell." But that doesn't mean much stronger.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

Spoiler: click to toggle

Online Profile Quote Top

+ Majin Vegeta
Member Avatar
The resident GT fan!

No there not, there barely stronger IMO. Piccolo had a hard time sensing more power from Majin Vegeta than SSJ2 Kid Gohan, if it wasn't for Vegeta's comment about Goku SSJ2 surpassing him then I might have had them all as equals.
Posted Image

"Its only when we're pushed to our limits that we can truly shine!"

Majin Vegeta

G.G.
Member Avatar

So SSJ2 Vegeta is only slightly more powerful than SSJ2 Gohan?

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

G.G.
Dec 24 2016, 09:50 PM
So SSJ2 Vegeta is only slightly more powerful than SSJ2 Gohan?
That's the general consensus so far.
Posted Image

ekrolo2
Member Avatar

Ah, but is Vegeta weaker than Cell Games Gohan before his potential was unlocked by Babidi? I'm gonna say yes.

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
The King in the North

ekrolo2
Dec 24 2016, 09:56 PM
Ah, but is Vegeta weaker than Cell Games Gohan before his potential was unlocked by Babidi? I'm gonna say yes.
It sounds that way with the way Piccolo worded Vegeta's power against Buu.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

Online Profile Quote Top

+ Majin Vegeta
Member Avatar
The resident GT fan!

I think he is a lot weaker otherwise the Majin boost is almost non existent and Vegeta implied that it was quite good for him. Not to mention he was intimidated by Initial SSJ2 Goku against Yakon.
Posted Image

"Its only when we're pushed to our limits that we can truly shine!"

Majin Vegeta

ahill1
No Avatar

Like already said, Goku didn't say such thing. Vegeta's comment shows him and Goku are > kid Gohan, but Piccolo's points out to us that the gap isn't big. A 90/100 ratio sounds fair to me.

ekrolo2

Ah, but is Vegeta weaker than Cell Games Gohan before his potential was unlocked by Babidi?

Yes, most likely. Not only does Piccolo's comment point towards it, but Vegeta still holds kid Gohan's power in a high regard, stating Goku surpassed kid Gohan and how that's amazing.

They are still somewhat close though, considering Vegeta was confident in winning the Tournament before knowing HOW MUCH weaker Gohan have gotten.

Majin Vegeta 100
Kid Gohan 90
Pre Vegeta 80

Seems fair to me.

Griffzilla
Member Avatar

Gohan as an ssj in the Cell Games was already stronger than Goku and Vegeta. I'd say by a decent margin, especially Vegeta. Goku couldn't have gotten that much stronger in the 7 years. Maybe 2x, 3 at most.
"I hit the booth and I just went super saiyan!" - Big Sean

Rejected
Member Avatar
UNFACED REPLACED

Son Goku and Vegeta are stronger by a decent amount; perhaps not overwhelmingly so (or if so then barely). Son Gohan seemed to think that Fat Boo (Hatched) was threatened enough to call upon all of his strength to match, whereas Vegeta and Son Goku dismissed his power. Note that Son Gohan's point of reference for "all of his strength" could only come from his Cell Games power; there was not a higher power to which Son Gohan could have compared Fat Boo to.

Also, to playfully grasp a bit at a particular straw, Piccolo seems consistently conservative when comparing fighters' powers; he compares Son Goku's power against #19 to Son Goku's projected max power; he eventually concedes that Vegeta was stronger than Son Goku when seeing the former against #s 19 & 18; did he need time to tell if Future Trunks (Grade 3) was stronger than Cell's preliminary power. Also, judging Gotenks against Fat Boo and Evil Boo...

Fun stuff.
Posted Image ~( h e l p )( b i z )~Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »

//