Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Promise rings
Topic Started: Dec 22 2016, 02:32 AM (678 Views)
Professor Gohan
Member Avatar
Satire.

What do you think about them?
Are you wearing one?
Would you like to?

Pointless?
Better alternative?

Promise rings.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
The Step Mom

What's a promise ring? Is that slang for engagement ring or...?
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Professor Gohan
Member Avatar
Satire.

A pre-engagement ring.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promise_ring
Posted Image
Posted Image

PocketGod
Member Avatar
The Strongest Majin!

Professor Gohan
Dec 22 2016, 02:32 AM
Are you wearing one?
Would you like to?

Pointless?
Better alternative?

Promise rings.
Oh Professor Gohan-Kun, I had no idea you felt that way about me *Blushu Blushu desu*
Posted Image
Buutenks > Buuhan, he says so himself.

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
The King in the North

Professor Gohan
Are you wearing one?
Would you like to?

Pointless?
Better alternative?

Promise rings.
I think they're fine for some people, my brother gave his girlfriend one a year ago.
Nope.
Nope.

Nah, I don't think they're pointless. It depends on the type of relationship you're in if you're going to get one. I think couples that have been together since High School, but don't want to get married until after College typically get one for each other. I'm not sure if guys wear them though, do they?
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

Online Profile Quote Top

+ Green
Member Avatar
Flashy Thing!

I think engagement rings are pointless so, I also believe that a promise ring is pointless. What are you really spending so much money for? I mostly believe that marriage should be the one that is worth the ring. Not only financially but on a personal level. It truly signifies something between two people instead of a "some day" or "maybe" ring.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Marriage is pointless as a means to show each other affection. The only purpose is that it's made official in the government's database. Promise rings or engagement rings are fine as a means to show affection, there's no need to go any further.

Btw, is a promise ring meant to say that you'll always stay faithful? It feels forced to me.
Posted Image

SpeedoTrunks
No Avatar

Promise rings seem a bit "meh" to me. Just because you wear a ring of any kind doesn't mean that you'll keep that promise.

Marriage in itself does mean something, (I'm married), or at least it does to me as I've declared in front of friends and family, that I'll stay with my wife forever. And I truly believe that I'll stick with that. In saying that we were together for 6 years prior to this, and I never "strayed" then either....so that kind of proves its the person and not the ring in question.

Some people will need something like this to fully "trust" a partner, but it's not something I would do, pre-marriage.

Dingo
Member Avatar

Not this Dingos style
Wisdom

Sam
Member Avatar
I've seen mountains of skulls and rivers of blood!!

They're completely silly IMHO.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

* Mitas
Member Avatar
Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!

They're redundant. They basically serve every purpose that an engagement ring does, except without the plans for marriage. Some people get engaged and don't get married for 5, 10, 15+ years (or ever), so what's the point of a promise ring? Just get engaged and then figure out the marriage later.

On the topic of marriage, I don't see the point outside of governmental/financial reasons. Well, I do, it's obviously to signify your monogamy and celebrate the relationship, but that 'promising' to stay monogamous is pretty much what being in a relationship is the vast majority of the time, and I don't really see the need to be all like 'hey, look at us, celebrate our love'. Do it between yourselves, that should be enough.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
The Step Mom

Well....you get to dress up all pretty, presents.....and a cake. That's not enough for you?
Posted Image

+ OMG
Member Avatar

They might be a nice gesture between people instead of getting married, I guess, but utterly wasteful and tacky in addition to.

I'm all for celibacy rings, though. I wear one so I don't forget that no one wants me.
Lazuli on the pyre.

Rockman
Member Avatar
hoighty-toighty

Professor Gohan
Are you wearing one?
Would you like to?

Pointless?
Better alternative?

Promise rings.
Promise rings are pointless. My Ex was the example. The only thing a Promise Ring did, was make me feel like s*** for even thinking about ending it, even when I should have 10 times over. She eventually did regardless of the ring or not.

Rings mean nothing if both people aren't invested in the relationship.
Posted Image

+ Buuberries
Member Avatar
No

yeah what everyone else said. id much rather mark my territory by pissing on her
¯\(°_o)/¯

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »

//