Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
URL Avatar not working
Topic Started: Nov 20 2016, 09:36 PM (183 Views)
* Mitas
Member Avatar
Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!

I don't know if it's just the images I've chosen, but the last two times I've attempted to change my avatar by using a URL, it hasn't worked. The image just doesn't load. Not sure if this is a problem, or just something I'm doing wrong.
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Is it from tumblr? I know for a fact tumblr urls don't work for avatars, at least they didn't used to.

+ Greenough
Member Avatar
孫 悟空

Yeah Emmeth is right about that. It could be the specific link you're using. I haven't had any issues, I only use url avatars.
Online Profile Quote Top

* Mitas
Member Avatar
Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!

The previous attempt was actually when I was changing back to my current avatar. The URL didn't work that time and I had to upload it personally, but I just retried the URL and it worked this time. So must have just messed it up last time.

Just checked where the avatar I was going to change to came from and it says Pinterest. I assume it just means you can't use URLs from there like with Tumblr, so false alarm I guess. Thanks for the help.

Ketchup Revenge
Member Avatar
"Nyruhehehehe"

I notice for some reason, sometimes when you try to link in an avatar here, it adds an extra "http//:" at the beginning. Try checking that after you link your avatar, and hit "save".
When the page comes back up, you'll be able to see it.

Just delete the extra "http//:" and hit save again. It should fix it.
Edited by Ketchup Revenge, Nov 21 2016, 10:21 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Suggestions and Feedback · Next Topic »

//