Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Closed
[Implemented] Seperate Books/Comics in the Entertainment Section
Topic Started: Nov 16 2016, 11:39 PM (726 Views)
* Sousen Ichimonji
Member Avatar
You are calm and reposed, let your beauty unfold

This is a pretty minor change but I'd love if we could seperate Books and Comic's into seperate sections. It feels like there's a comic book topic made every day and obviously there''s nothing at all wrong with that, it's awesome, but if there was a more visible section for novels and literature I think it might do well.

I know the 'if you build it, they will come' model isn't exactly follproof but considering how little effort it is to test we can even give it a trial run for a month or so, see how it does?
Posted Image

Call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not
I'm glad that you can forgive, only hoping as time goes, you can forget

Offline Profile Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Good idea. There's too much comic book activity (as you'd expect nowadays considering the recent resurgence of the superhero genre in movies) and not enough interest in books. Feels a bit uneven when they're both on the same sub-section. Maybe people would start paying more attention to books if those two were seperated. Then again, probably not. Who knows.
Posted Image

A god incarnate. A city doomed.
Offline Profile Top

* Mitas
Member Avatar
Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!

Yeah, I think this is definitely worth a shot.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."
Online Profile Top

Sam
Member Avatar
I've seen mountains of skulls and rivers of blood!!

I agree with this suggestion. No harm done, keeps things more tidy.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Top

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
The Step Mom

Actually I'll prefer if it goes even further and Comic get their own section entirely. As in including the movies, tvs, comic books, ect.

I think slowly it's becoming a nice little niche section of its own. Plus I want to see Darker debate some of the new comers we getting.

As we know I always beat Darker in comic debates.
Edited by QueenTD, Nov 17 2016, 04:07 PM.
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Top

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

All for Sousen's suggestion, however I don't think Comics should have it's own section despite the activity. There's only a handful members on this forum using that section and I think that alone speak against an own section.
Posted Image
Jennifer Parker: Dr. Brown, I brought this note back from the future and - now it's erased.
Doc: Of course it's erased!
Jennifer Parker: But what does that mean?
Doc: It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you.
Online Profile Top

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
The Step Mom

Mini-Section*** I forgot to add that
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Actually, I think that's what's being planned here.

So basically my last post can be disregarded aside from me liking the idea.

I suggest a section called literature where you can add Books and Comics seperately as sub-sections.
Edited by Emmeth, Nov 17 2016, 04:44 PM.
Posted Image
Jennifer Parker: Dr. Brown, I brought this note back from the future and - now it's erased.
Doc: Of course it's erased!
Jennifer Parker: But what does that mean?
Doc: It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you.
Online Profile Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

QueenTD
Nov 17 2016, 04:05 PM
I think slowly it's becoming a nice little niche section of its own. Plus I want to see Darker debate some of the new comers we getting.

As we know I always beat Darker in comic debates.
Lies. LIES!!!
Posted Image

A god incarnate. A city doomed.
Offline Profile Top

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Since I Left You, I Found the World So New

Emmeth
Nov 17 2016, 04:43 PM
I suggest a section called literature where you can add Books and Comics seperately as sub-sections.
But then what would go in the main section?

My issue with this is that I'm not sure how many people here care enough about books to discuss them. Other than the pinned topic, you have to go back to August to find a topic about a book in that section (although it's actually about a screenplay but it's the closest thing) and after that you go back to the start of June. IIRC, we originally merged books and comics to get more activity in the section, I suspect that a books only section would be kinda dead, although more discussion on that topic would be nice.

Perhaps we could trial splitting comics in to a sub-section and leaving the main section for books only?
Posted ImageAhhh Frankie Sinatra Ah Frank Sinatra
Frankie me boy you don't know
You have the perfect voice to sing calypso
Offline Profile Top

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
The Step Mom

Maybe encourage more book topics. Similar Darker and myself starting a niche comic book talk among the small amount of members.

The pinned topic I think the most consistent people who post there should make a topics of books and naturally people will follow. But comics probably will remain the dominate section As Darker be taking Ls against Queen TD as it's more trendy or whatever
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

* Sousen Ichimonji
Member Avatar
You are calm and reposed, let your beauty unfold

Copy_Ninja
Nov 18 2016, 04:06 AM
Perhaps we could trial splitting comics in to a sub-section and leaving the main section for books only?
My concern with that is that it might marginalise the pretty active comic book discussion we have just now. But I'd be up for trying it out, it's not like any changes are fixed.
Posted Image

Call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not
I'm glad that you can forgive, only hoping as time goes, you can forget

Offline Profile Top

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar

I'd just rather that because I'm pretty doubtful a book only section would have the activity to sustain it. I think comics would probably be fine regardless of if its split off. I'm willing to listen to any more opinions for another few days.
Offline Profile Top

Sam
Member Avatar
I've seen mountains of skulls and rivers of blood!!

I guess I agree with Copy. A books only section probably wouldn't warrant enough activity. Although there's not much harm in trying it, if this happens to be the case, we might want to re-merge the sections. Do this as a trial run?
Edited by Sam, Nov 27 2016, 11:29 AM.
Offline Profile Top

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar

Okay, trial run until the end of the year, we'll have comics be a seperate section. If we don't see enough activity to support seperate sections, then they'll be merged again, perhaps with comics split off a sub-section.
Offline Profile Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Suggestions and Feedback · Next Topic »
Closed

//