Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Greatest singers of all time
Topic Started: Sep 28 2016, 09:52 PM (473 Views)
+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Who do you think are the most technically gifted singers of all time?

For me the best female would be Whitney Houston.

The best male is a lot more difficult to decide. Pavarotti perhaps?

I think it's fair to distinguish between make and female vocalists due to the technical differences in sound and technique. A man is never going to sing anything like Whitney Houston and a woman could likely never sound like a true baritone.

Online Profile Quote Top

+ Buuberries
Member Avatar
No

i think it'd be fair to differentiate it further since some great singers probably wouldnt sound as good if they sang a diff genre..... imo anyway.
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ O Me Ga'd
Member Avatar
Cara En Blanco

Can't forget good ol' Freddy.

Tarkatower
No Avatar

Among rock frontmen, Freddie Mercury no doubt.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Montserrat Caballé is up there along with many other legends because she could sing side by side with Freddie Mercury and not get overshadowed by Mercury's epicness.

Edited by Darker, Oct 20 2016, 01:50 PM.
Online Profile Quote Top

+ O Me Ga'd
Member Avatar
Cara En Blanco

Pelador
Sep 28 2016, 09:52 PM
Who do you think are the most technically gifted singers of all time?

For me the best female would be Whitney Houston.

The best male is a lot more difficult to decide. Pavarotti perhaps?

I think it's fair to distinguish between make and female vocalists due to the technical differences in sound and technique. A man is never going to sing anything like Whitney Houston and a woman could likely never sound like a true baritone.

To your comment about male and female singers what about Andy Gibb amd Geddy Lee?

+ Greenough
Member Avatar
孫 悟空

I've always thought of Freddie Mercury as the greatest singer of all time.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

How could we forget about Agnetha Fältskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad?

Online Profile Quote Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Karen Carpenter also has a beautiful voice.

Online Profile Quote Top

DanielSan
Member Avatar

I always liked Whitney Houston and Mariah personally. Freddy Mercury is also up there. Axl Rose is also one a few people may not have thought of. Out of the famous musicians, he has the widest vocal range. Yes wider than Mariah, but it doesn't make him a better singer than Mariah in my opinion as I like her voice better.

Also I have never heard anyone sing the US National Anthem like Whitney Houston. She is just an amazing singer. Too bad she had such a tragic ending to her life. Marrying freaking Bobby Brown? Wow. Can't believe she and her daughter are dead.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Bonnie Tyler deserves to be in here aswell, I feel.

Online Profile Quote Top

Zoom
Member Avatar

'Technically gifted' like singers that could hit different notes high and low, have a beautiful voice? I think Susan Boyle has a wonder voice. I like your pick for Whitney Houston, too much she got involved with Bobby Brown and drugs.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Music · Next Topic »

//