Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Autoplays and spoilers (Warning autoplay used)
Topic Started: Sep 27 2016, 11:21 PM (552 Views)
Ding
Member Avatar

Before I could put a warning in the spoiler and they wouldn't play until clicked which made them bearable/usable. Is it fixable pls?

Autoplay video removed. As already stated, autoplays are against the forum rules and I've received a lot of reports about it. Just get regular link from Youtube or something.
-EMIYA
Edited by EMIYA, Sep 27 2016, 11:31 PM.
Dingo

Dingo
Offline Profile Quote Top

EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

Autoplay videos simply are against the forum rules.

Ding
Member Avatar

They're not really autoplays if the spoiler tag works. (Requires a click to open/play)
Edited by Ding, Sep 27 2016, 11:37 PM.
Dingo

Dingo

Tinny
Member Avatar

Spoilers do not, nor have ever done those things.

Keep in mind that not everyone viewing this site has unlimited data either, some people here on mobile have data plans that set hard limits on what they can use, which any autoplaying video will absolutely eat into and swiftly deplete, far faster than say, a gif for example.
Edited by Tinny, Sep 27 2016, 11:43 PM.
Posted Image
Above signature created by Graffiti

Ding
Member Avatar

Tinny
Sep 27 2016, 11:42 PM
Spoilers do not, nor have ever done those things.

Keep in mind that not everyone viewing this site has unlimited data either, some people here on mobile have data plans that set hard limits on what they can use, which any autoplaying video will absolutely eat into and swiftly deplete, far faster than say, a gif for example.
Weird that it never worked here.

It worked on all of the previous zetaboards I've used but if it never worked here then idk but claiming that "Spoilers do not, nor have ever done those things." is 100% false. I'm not sure how long you've been a zetaboard user.

Example:
Posted Image
http://i.imgur.com/vYOl4dQ.png[
^Admin teaching their board how to use spoilers/autoplays

Maybe you guys broke spoilers at some point in your long history? Maybe it's a recent zetaboard wide issue?

Ty for the responses tho. I'll try it on another board eventually and see what happens.

Here is an example of Tim using a spoiler autoplay: http://dbzf.co.uk/single/?p=8356467&t=8315253
Edited by Ding, Sep 28 2016, 12:07 AM.
Dingo

Dingo

Sam
Member Avatar
"Bwonsamdi, he be waiting to greet you."

They have been now outlawed in the official forum rules.
Posted Image
Thanks to NinjaSushi for the art - and Darker for pestering me into changing it. Happy now? It's Logan! :p

Ding
Member Avatar

If spoiler tags ever start working again will they be permissible?
Edited by Ding, Sep 28 2016, 02:36 AM.
Dingo

Dingo

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

Seeing as they are against the rules, I think that is a moot point. They were added to the list of things you can't do for a reason.
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Posted Image

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Ding
Member Avatar

The reason being that they play/load automatically. (Wouldn't happen if spoiler tags start working again and fair warning can be given)

I understand why there is a blanket ban atm. &autoplay=1 currently represents a power which cannot be controlled/used responsibly. I dream of a day where that changes.
Edited by Ding, Sep 28 2016, 04:44 AM.
Dingo

Dingo

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

But here, they don't and likely for good reason. Besides, if autoplay didn't work like you want it to no matter what and I needed to look into the post, my data could drain like blood from an artery knick before I could stop it so I'm just fine with this not changing.
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Posted Image

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Tim
Member Avatar
Forum Royalty

I'm a little confused here - yes that was an option before, however, we chose to not go down that path anyway.
Clicking a spoiler to start a video playing as opposed to just clicking play on the video itself leads to exact 0 saved moves.
So what is the difference in your mind?

Having it in the spoiler is not perfect either as it people may open it not realising what is inside it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Suggestions and Feedback · Next Topic »

//