Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Can rock make a come back?
Topic Started: Sep 24 2016, 03:25 AM (206 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Why do you think rock music isn't part of main stream music anymore and do you think it will ever make a come back?
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Top

Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

Rock was only super popular around the 80's and 90's iirc right?

I don't know honestly, it depends on a bunch of circumstances. How a band connects to its audience through its lyrical work and mood set. A big issue I find is a lot of people have it stereotyped in their head that Rock is a bunch of screamo full of emos... Considering what's been popular in the last decade, it's not that far-fetched.
Posted Image

Credit to NinjaSushi for the colouring
Online Profile Quote Top

Dankness Flame
Member Avatar
The Dankest Of Flames

No rock has been super popular since the 50s actually. Elvis? Led Zeppelin? Queen? BEATLES?

But I'm very doubtful. Rock has run its course. Rap/R&B/Pop/Dance have taken over the very spirit of rock and roll which drew people in. Rock actually tends to be a more soul-driven genre, ironically enough.
Posted Image

Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

I should've specified, when it was LAST super popular.
Posted Image

Credit to NinjaSushi for the colouring
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I'm thinking bands like we had in the 80s-00s. My chemical romance, linkin park, papa roach, system of a down, blink 182, jimmy eat world, avenged sevenfold. There were so many good rock/alternative bands and it was a much bigger part of mainstream at the time. Some of those bands are still around but a lot of them aren't and I don't see any new bands getting into the main stream 1) because like goddess pointed out people have stereotyped rock music with emo kids and I hate that and 2) Rock just isn't as good as before
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Sep 24 2016, 04:02 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Music · Next Topic »

//