Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Closed
[Solved] Validating
Topic Started: Sep 22 2016, 04:07 AM (804 Views)
Grima
Member Avatar
DBZf's Biggest Lurker of 2016

Just curious, but is there a problem with the validating system here?
I ask because I know a member named Black was stuck in the validating group and couldn't fully join for quite awhile, and now I see another person named Sakuza in validation that's been lurking here frequently. Perhaps they're having trouble joining as well.
I wish to live a life that in it, the number of times Iíve laughed, and the number of times Iíve believed, are just a few more than that of times Iíve suffered and than that of times Iíve doubted.
Offline Profile Top

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

This is definitely a potential problem. We have all heard the horror stories of how long it takes to get validated on Kazenshuu from one member or another that goes there while also being a DBZF member.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised Black hung around as long as he did before he was registered. Had it been me, I likely would have passed on to another forum. If we aren't careful we could screw ourselces out of a growing community in a hurry if it gets spread that validation is damn near impossible to occur in a timely manner.
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Posted Image

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects
Offline Profile Top

Black
Member Avatar

Daemon Keido
Sep 22 2016, 09:31 AM
This is definitely a potential problem. We have all heard the horror stories of how long it takes to get validated on Kazenshuu from one member or another that goes there while also being a DBZF member.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised Black hung around as long as he did before he was registered. Had it been me, I likely would have passed on to another forum. If we aren't careful we could screw ourselces out of a growing community in a hurry if it gets spread that validation is damn near impossible to occur in a timely manner.
Guess it's just stubbornness. And the fact I like it here. I was lurking here quite frequently even before creating account, so why should I stop after? I'm not that interested in other forums anyway, I only check gamefaqs from time to time and neoseeker when I want see some stupid bulls*** and that's all. Neither I have accounts there, nor I spend even half as much time there like on DBZF. :p
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

* Mitas
Member Avatar
I got the moves

I think calling it 'damn near impossible to join' is a bit over-dramatic. Sure, it's a problem, but until now the only person I saw having a lot of trouble was Black (and now this member).

However, even one or two potential members having to wait that long is an issue since we want to be able to welcome as many members as possible. I'm not sure how the process works. If it's down to staff or admins to 'OK' members, I guess it could pay for them to keep an extra eye open for pending validations to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."
Offline Profile Top

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

I didn't mean to make it sound like we were already at the "damn near impossible" point. But if we aren't careful it could creep up on us.

Posted Image

The Emperor Protects
Offline Profile Top

Squall Strife
Member Avatar

Black
Sep 22 2016, 03:44 PM
neoseeker when I want see some stupid bulls*** and that's all.
I'm.....on Neoseeker. :(

lol
Posted Image

Gender Neutral, meaning I don't want to be specified to either gender. If you keep calling me by gender terms, I'm just going to call you an "it". That's all.
Offline Profile Top

Black
Member Avatar

Squall Strife
Sep 22 2016, 05:06 PM
Black

lol
It's ok, not everybody there is talkin' s*** xD

What's your nick there? Maybe I recognise, even tho' I haven't been there for quite a while :rofl:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Squall Strife
Member Avatar

Black
Sep 22 2016, 05:33 PM
Squall Strife
Black

lol
It's ok, not everybody there is talkin' s*** xD

What's your nick there? Maybe I recognise, even tho' I haven't been there for quite a while :rofl:
I have the same name there as I do here. Before that though I used to go by Legendary Boss Hunter awhile ago, but I doubt anybody remembers me for that username anymore. lol
Posted Image

Gender Neutral, meaning I don't want to be specified to either gender. If you keep calling me by gender terms, I'm just going to call you an "it". That's all.
Offline Profile Top

+ Sandy Shore
No Avatar

Squall Strife
Black

lol
To be fair, that might be why he said it.
Edited by Sandy Shore, Sep 22 2016, 06:47 PM.
Offline Profile Top

Ding
Member Avatar

Support
Dingo

Dingo
Offline Profile Top

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

Keep in mind we get plenty of bot accounts that register here but don't validate. You can tell when you look through the emails of validating accounts that's what they are.

Anyway, it's kind of difficult to really do anything about it. We are still getting people joining and validating their accounts fine, so it's not like the verification emails are not being sent to anyone and from our end there didn't look to be anything wrong with Black's account either. We can validate accounts manually but it's hard to tell if accounts are legit or not.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Meowth
Member Avatar
=._.=

We only have email validation on at the moment, if they can't validate, they just need to resent email validation, probably check junk mail and whatever.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Black
Member Avatar

Cersei Lannister
Sep 23 2016, 11:41 AM
We only have email validation on at the moment, if they can't validate, they just need to resent email validation, probably check junk mail and whatever.
Nope. You think I didn't try to resent e-mail or check spam folder? I clearly didn't receive any of those mails, so this isn't the case.

Btw. I have e-mail on yahoo if anyone is wondering. Dunno' if all yahoo mails have this issue.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

I still use hotmail so I wouldn't know if that is the case, unfortunately.

Posted Image

The Emperor Protects
Offline Profile Top

Tim
Member Avatar
Forum Royalty

Black
Sep 23 2016, 03:37 PM
Cersei Lannister
Sep 23 2016, 11:41 AM
Nope. You think I didn't try to resent e-mail or check spam folder? I clearly didn't receive any of those mails, so this isn't the case.

Btw. I have e-mail on yahoo if anyone is wondering. Dunno' if all yahoo mails have this issue.
Yahoo is known for having issues with these sort of issues - they also suck at getting IRC validation emails.

I will look into if I can add something in regards to validating accounts that they should email admin@dbzf.co.uk
That email address is monitored regularly and can be used for me to manually validate accounts based on the email it was sent on.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Suggestions and Feedback · Next Topic »
Closed

//