Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Chapter 16
Topic Started: Sep 19 2016, 09:33 AM (21,224 Views)
ekrolo2
Member Avatar

Chapter 16 has leaked and Herms just finished translating most of the important stuff.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by ekrolo2, Sep 19 2016, 09:35 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

This is neat and all, but did Toyotaro really need to devote so much time to Trunks's scuffle with Dabura? I mean, the manga is already pretty behind... Oh well. I'm kinda surprised that Trunks couldn't stand up to Dabura as a mere Super Saiyan after training with the Z-Sword. I suppose it's possible that Dabura has gotten stronger considering they arrived on Earth years after they were supposed to arrive.
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, Sep 19 2016, 01:41 PM.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita

+ Geralt of Rivia
Member Avatar

what i just cant get is .,,,, who is gowasu if Trunks timeline (universe 10) is identical to the main timeline, then how is that Gowasu is the Kaioshin there and he is not in the main timeline ?

When trunks mentioned that the Kaioshin (gowasu) helped him destroy Dabura..... but he died... how ... man its confusing.

The manga is totally in a different track than the anime
“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
Posted Image

ekrolo2
Member Avatar

ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
Sep 19 2016, 01:41 PM
This is neat and all, but did Toyotaro really need to devote so much time to Trunks's scuffle with Dabura? I mean, the manga is already pretty behind... Oh well. I'm kinda surprised that Trunks couldn't stand up to Dabura as a mere Super Saiyan after training with the Z-Sword. I suppose it's possible that Dabura has gotten stronger considering they arrived on Earth years after they were supposed to arrive.
It is a shame he devoted so much time to it but on the other hand, its cool to how the Boo Saga plays out here versus the main timeline. There it needlessly escalated because of everyone being idiots while here, Trunks got s*** done before they could get really bad.

I think his power makes sense if you remember that he was the weakest of the Super Saiyan's when the Cell Games happened, given that he says the Boo Saga happened a few years ago in his timeline, this could very well be a Trunks fresh off of killing 17 & 18. Especially if his default outfit is any indication. The training with the Z-sword likely elevated him to teen Gohan's boo arc level. So, strong enough to stand up to Dabura but not good enough to outright kill him. Also, it adds further evidence that Gohan was clearly an SS against Dabura, Toyotaro makes the distinction between the two forms Trunks uses very clear here.
Edited by ekrolo2, Sep 19 2016, 02:00 PM.

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

Trunks has presumably been training before these events, and even Gohan struggled to pull out the Z-Sword. I don't think he could remove it if he weren't at least close to as strong as Gohan. After training with the Z-Sword, he should be able to waste Dabura as a Super Saiyan.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

So it really was Beerus' job to eliminate Majin Boo. He was just sleeping. I guess that makes sense.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

ekrolo2
Member Avatar

Pyrus
Sep 19 2016, 03:31 PM
So it really was Beerus' job to eliminate Majin Boo. He was just sleeping. I guess that makes sense.
Beerus probably thought "Hey, cool! This guy is doing my job for me! Time to nap!".

He hasn't done much destroying at all once he's started hanging out with the Earth gang and he was too lazy to blow up Planet Vegeta so he doesn't take his job really seriously.

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

Trunks can't have been training with the Z Sword for long if it took this much effort to kill Dabra.

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
Fire Dragon Slayer

I totally called it first that Trunks had trained with the Z-Sword.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

ekrolo2
Member Avatar

Son Goten
Sep 23 2016, 09:36 PM
I totally called it first that Trunks had trained with the Z-Sword.
Gotta hand it to Toyotaro for remembering that part of the Boo Saga. Shame it hasn't quelled the whole arguing about if Gohan's SS1 or 2 vs Dabra :P

+ Green
Member Avatar
Flashy Thing!

ekrolo2
Sep 19 2016, 01:59 PM
ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
Sep 19 2016, 01:41 PM
It is a shame he devoted so much time to it but on the other hand, its cool to how the Boo Saga plays out here versus the main timeline. There it needlessly escalated because of everyone being idiots while here, Trunks got s*** done before they could get really bad.

I think his power makes sense if you remember that he was the weakest of the Super Saiyan's when the Cell Games happened, given that he says the Boo Saga happened a few years ago in his timeline, this could very well be a Trunks fresh off of killing 17 & 18. Especially if his default outfit is any indication. The training with the Z-sword likely elevated him to teen Gohan's boo arc level. So, strong enough to stand up to Dabura but not good enough to outright kill him. Also, it adds further evidence that Gohan was clearly an SS against Dabura, Toyotaro makes the distinction between the two forms Trunks uses very clear here.
I knew someone would bring up that Gohan was supers saiyan when he fought Dabura lol after reading this chapter lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

Goku and Vegeta both not really worried about Dabra suggest Gohan must have been ssj1 to me. Especially since everyone has Vegeta still unsure whether he's stronger than this weakened Gohan (I personally have Vegeta beyond Cell ad ssj2 Gohan at this point because of his pride). If Gohan was ssj2 and struggling with Dabra and Vegeta is apparently only around Gohan's level, then why would Vegeta essentially consider Dabra a minor threat to himself?

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Because Vegeta knew he was far ahead of Teen Gohan at that point.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

Squall Strife
Member Avatar

Trunks has to be stronger or @ least equal to Teen Gohan. He wielded the z sword pretty well compared to Gohan. So that puts him on a more or less on Teen Gohan's level. lol
Posted Image

Gender Neutral, meaning I don't want to be specified to either gender. If you keep calling me by gender terms, I'm just going to call you an "it". That's all.

Thiln
Member Avatar

I have to say this chapter was fairly good. It shed a lot of light on many of the preceding events leading up to Black's genocide of the humans. The battle against Babidi was also portrayed in a more dignified and earnest manner than how Toriyama drew it in the manga with exaggerated gags and witticisms abound.

We got to witness the introduction of some previously unseen techniques like Babidi's object-based levitation magic and use of biokinesis to constrict Kaioshin's throat. The deaths and reactions were handled in the solemn manner which I felt the atmosphere deserved. By the way, Pyrus, did you notice how Kaioshin was able to continually restrain Dabura's movements for some time even after having been discovered? I would like to think that clarifies one contentious question concerning Kaioshin's abilities. Now if only we could have seen something regarding his Eye Kiai.

Not exactly a major fan of the Future Trunks and Mai relationship, but his encouragement and assessment of his younger self was pleasant. There's a bit of an underlying tragic element to the restaurant scene because of the juxtaposed destruction of it in the future timeline compared with the happy and functional version of it in the present. I thought it was nice touch.

So it's confirmed Black is indeed pursuing Kaioshins in order to quell the threat of destruction deities seeking him out. Doesn't Black realise that they're not the only potential threats, though? Surely the future iteration of Whis would inform Zeno of the death of his charge. Black would have to be worried about the wrath of Zeno and his attendants raining down upon him. Hopefully the reaction by Whis and the other ethereal beings gets addressed in some future chapter.

We received some new insight into Kibito's power as he's fighting Zamasu and not getting absolutely devastated in the process. How exactly is that possible when Kaioshin mentions that Zamasu is more powerful than any of the other Kaioshins in existence? Kibito must have underwent some incredible training himself or perhaps his magic was always so potent and Kaioshin's is even greater.

To be honest, I kind of like anime's rendition of Zamasu's descent into misguided iniquity more than the manga's because it seems to be more of a gradual process with him questioning the value and purpose of allowing mortals who only kill and inflict suffering to continue thriving. It makes him a better written character if you ask me. Here he just immediately shifts over to wanting to exterminate everyone.

Anyway, great chapter!
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Latest Manga Chapter Discussion · Next Topic »

//