Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Editing Topic Titles
Topic Started: Sep 5 2016, 04:38 AM (975 Views)
Ketchup Revenge
Member Avatar
"Nyruhehehehe"

Emmeth
Sep 5 2016, 02:56 PM
Ketchup Revenge
Sep 5 2016, 01:35 PM
However, we can't even edit our own topic titles outside our sections. The way the system is set up is a fiasco.
But you're not supposed to have any authority outside your own section anyway, so it's no different then being an elite.
True, but I assume that if you give someone the power to ban someone, you should at least trust them with the power to edit their own topic titles at any place on the forum.
I can understand the whole changing the subject thing, but if I make a spelling error (I'm a grammar Nazi, this is why almost ALL of my posts are edited), I don't see the problem with being able to go in and fix it.
Posted Image
The vengeance is hers' for as long as she stands by Him
Offline Profile Quote Top

Daniel
Member Avatar
I like Pokémon

Can other Elites not edit their topic titles? I have no problem doing it lol, I just did it to test it out.
Posted Image
Credits to Strawberry

+ Havoc_Wreaker
Member Avatar
Princess_Havoc

just tried you cant, but im pretty sure Tim is re implementing it for elites as per the thread a little while ago about a changing criteria for elites. it came up and im pretty sure he said he would let elites edit topic titles again.
Posted Image

Daniel
Member Avatar
I like Pokémon

http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/10000206/1/#new Look, I just did it Barry lmao. You should be able to do it.
Posted Image
Credits to Strawberry

+ Havoc_Wreaker
Member Avatar
Princess_Havoc

should be able but cant i just triple checked.
Posted Image

-SuperSaiyan2
Member Avatar

Son Goten
Sep 5 2016, 03:14 PM
Yeah that's kind of weird. But yeah I think it makes the most sense for Elite's to have it. If Elite's are screwing around like that too then they really shouldn't be Elite Members then.
People make mistakes ;)

@Daniel your group is custom so it likely has custom permissions set to it.
Posted Image

Check out DBZeta! A growing Dragon Ball Forum!

Tim
Member Avatar
Forum Royalty

Exactly, each group is customised. When we turned it off we did it for everyone except staff (and maybe Legends and Donators apparently? I wasn't the one to do it lol). There was just too much abuse at the time.

While Elites are likely to get it back (and I can fix other groups that should have the permission such as forum mods), members will not be getting this back as there is too much potential for abuse, as has been proven historically.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Event Horizon
Member Avatar
エンペラー

Emmeth
Sep 5 2016, 10:50 PM
Event Horizon
Sep 5 2016, 07:52 PM
AFAIK, outside of staff, only legends and donators can edit their own topic titles.
I'm a donator and I can safely say I can not edit my own titles.
That's weird! I'm also a donator and I can do it, always have been!

Spoiler: click to toggle
"None of the four wars in my lifetime came about because we were too strong. It's weakness that invites adventurous adversaries to make mistaken judgments"
Posted Image

+ Sandy Shore
Member Avatar

Emmeth recently became a regular Elite, and, even though he's using his custom group again, he probably lost the ability to do so in the process.

Maybe getting your own custom group no longer comes with the perk, and anyone able to currently do so has had their custom group for a while - that is to say, a holdover.

Tim
Member Avatar
Forum Royalty

Lazuli
Sep 6 2016, 07:36 PM
Emmeth recently became a regular Elite, and, even though he's using his custom group again, he probably lost the ability to do so in the process.

Maybe getting your own custom group no longer comes with the perk, and anyone able to currently do so has had their custom group for a while - that is to say, a holdover.
Most likely this :rofl:

You guys have to put up with some terrible admins.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Zoom
Member Avatar

Daniel
Sep 5 2016, 05:58 AM
Elites can edit topic titles, the permission was given back to us.
When i was an elite member, i always got this error code: 17101:300025

Tim
Member Avatar
Forum Royalty

Zoom
Sep 19 2016, 02:25 AM
Daniel
Sep 5 2016, 05:58 AM
Elites can edit topic titles, the permission was given back to us.
When i was an elite member, i always got this error code: 17101:300025
The ability was removed and is being reapplied shortly :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Suggestions and Feedback · Next Topic »

//