Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Editing Topic Titles
Topic Started: Sep 5 2016, 04:38 AM (976 Views)
+ Slayer
Member Avatar
Fire Dragon Slayer

Why can't normal users edit topic titles? A lot of times people make mistakes and want to go back and fix it but they can't. I never really understood why we don't have that ability, I'm not sure what it could hurt.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

Spoiler: click to toggle

Online Profile Quote Top

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

It was an openly abused thing by normal members and so got restricted to Elites.....and was still abused. There is a little desire to have Elites have the privage back but I have no idea if Elites are gonna get it back.
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Posted Image

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
Fire Dragon Slayer

Well hopefully. How were people abusing it? I don't really understand how something as simple as that could be abused especially by Elite Members.
Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Top

Zoom
Member Avatar

As evidence shown, even the most trustworthy members here make mistakes when writing their titles for the thread. At least elite members should have the ability to control their topics with a time limit so it serves two roles 1. it helps fixes errors in the title and 2. stops abuse because if you have a time limit let's 10 mins or 1 hour to edit your title, that is plenty time to see you've made a mistake and change and if you past that time, sorry bad luck ask a mod to change it for you.

I vote for bring back ability to change title with a time limit.

-SuperSaiyan2
Member Avatar

It's not hard to PM a mod to ask for the title to be changed.

As for how people abused it... they just did. It's hard to explain without having you see an example.
Posted Image

Check out DBZeta! A growing Dragon Ball Forum!

Daniel
Member Avatar
I like Pokémon

Elites can edit topic titles, the permission was given back to us.
Posted Image
Credits to Strawberry

Sam
Member Avatar
"Bwonsamdi, he be waiting to greet you."

Man, this is above my paygrade. I need to do my TimCall. It's basically me sexually harassing him in the middle of the night. :lol:

Elites should be able to edit topic titles, however, for regular members, as it stands, it was easy to abuse. Just editing the topic title or description into something rude, inappropriate, etc. and then editing back. Well, I don't have very many examples but it was annoying and got abused. I remember thinking I was going into a new topic and it was just someone had changed the name of the topic. It was irritating and people were doing it on purpose, to the same topic oftentimes, to troll. This happened so frequently that this may be one of the reasons it was suspended as a privilege.
Posted Image
Thanks to NinjaSushi for the art - and Darker for pestering me into changing it. Happy now? It's Logan! :p

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Daniel
Sep 5 2016, 05:58 AM
Elites can edit topic titles, the permission was given back to us.
Then my mask is preventing me from doing that.
Posted Image

+ Sandy Shore
Member Avatar

No, I can't edit titles, either.

To avoid giving the ability to regular members, does it need to be activated individually, or can it be given to an entire group at once?

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Lazuli
Sep 5 2016, 10:29 AM
No, I can't edit titles, either.

To avoid giving the ability to regular members, does it need to be activated individually, or can it be given to an entire group at once?
It can be given to a specific group; Such as the elite members.
Posted Image

Ketchup Revenge
Member Avatar
"Nyruhehehehe"

Mods can only edit the ones in our assigned sections.

However, we can't even edit our own topic titles outside our sections. The way the system is set up is a fiasco.
Posted Image
The vengeance is hers' for as long as she stands by Him

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Ketchup Revenge
Sep 5 2016, 01:35 PM
However, we can't even edit our own topic titles outside our sections. The way the system is set up is a fiasco.
But you're not supposed to have any authority outside your own section anyway, so it's no different then being an elite.
Posted Image

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
Fire Dragon Slayer

Yeah that's kind of weird. But yeah I think it makes the most sense for Elite's to have it. If Elite's are screwing around like that too then they really shouldn't be Elite Members then.
Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Top

Event Horizon
Member Avatar
エンペラー

AFAIK, outside of staff, only legends and donators can edit their own topic titles.
"None of the four wars in my lifetime came about because we were too strong. It's weakness that invites adventurous adversaries to make mistaken judgments"
Posted Image

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Event Horizon
Sep 5 2016, 07:52 PM
AFAIK, outside of staff, only legends and donators can edit their own topic titles.
I'm a donator and I can safely say I can not edit my own titles.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Suggestions and Feedback · Next Topic »

//